Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 9 years ago

Would I have a case? Labour board?

So I 've been working at a local grocery store in a small town. I have worked there for 9 months, over the course of that 4 out of 7 employess have quit. That's how horrible it is working there. So I was supposed to work last monday and I had some heart problems so I went to the hospital, I had to work so I called from there and told my boss I wouldn't beable to come in because I was at the hospital. They ended up keeping me overnight.

My boss called me in the morning and told me to see her in her office next chance I got. I haven't talked to her yet because she hasn't answered her phone. I did however go into the store only to see I no longer am on the scheduale.

So she fired me because I was at the hospital? This would have been the second day I had missed the entire time I worked there.

I was told by a friend to call the labour board. Would I have a case? Also we work 5 or 8 hour shifts the 8 hour gets a luch break but neither shifts get any 15 min breaks or anything as we work alone in the store. Isn't something illegal about this?

Favorite Answer

and people say unions are not needed anymore