Memo asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

HOW DO I APPLY TO BE A DRILL SERGEANT?

Currently an E4 and bout to get my E5. Who do i talk to about applying to be a drill sergeant? I really want to train new soldiers and mold them the way they should be molded, with Discipline!

• Best Answer

Use your chain of command. The ISG should be a good resource to help steer you in the right direction. Good luck. the Army is always looking for good people who want to train troops.

Source(s): Retired Army MSG

Go to PAC and talk to your S-1 NCOIC about filling out a DA 4187 requesting assignment as a DS. That is how you do it, BUT! I'm fairly certain you will not be accepted. You are a brand new SGT with no NCO experience. There are a few SGT DSs, but they are all pretty senior and already looking at SSG. You need to spend some time in a Squad leader slot and get a couple NCOERs behind you before you get away from the force for three years. Good luck!

Source(s): 25 years active Army service and two years BCT Commander.

First. You NEED to be an e-5 with 4 years TIS. You also need to have gone to WLC, AND ALC (formally known as BNCOC) Once you have completed those tasks, you then need to talk to your schools NCO. After that, you drop your packet and wait.

I would, however, advise that you are at least a SGT (P) before applying to be a DS.

Source(s): E-6, husband is also an e-6 and a DS

Seriously? You're about to be promoted to E-5 and you don't know enough about the Army to figure out how to become a DS? That is really messed up!

• Judy

Talk to your Superior Officer