Atheists... have you ever read the Christian Bible?

I am honestly just curious how many atheists have read the Bible.

And don't say you would never read it because you believe there is no God and you think it's stupid etc.

• Nous
    Best Answer

What do you not understand about the fact that the vast amount of atheists were subject to the child abuse of being forced to be christian at a very early age?

That is the reason they seem to know the bible far better than the christians who frequently misquote or try to twist it to say what they want it to on here!

Have you ever had the courage to look at the evidence about the bible?

The bible is what is called "Faction" A fictional story set in a factual time and place. Thus the time, place and real historical characters are all correct but the fictional characters and stories are not!

There is not one single mention of Jesus in the entire Roman record - that is right - not one! At the same time as he was supposed to have been around there were a number of Jews claiming to be the messiah - all of whom are well recorded!

There is not a single contemporary record from any source and even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

He was supposed to have been a huge problem to the Romans and produced wonderful miracles but still not one contemporary record?

Even the bible mentions of him like all other references were not written until many years after his supposed death!

Pilate is recorded in the Roman record as a somewhat lack luster man but no mention of a Jesus, a trial or crucifixion that would surely have been used to make him look brighter!

At best he was an amalgam of those others but almost certainly never existed!

The Roman Emperor Constantine produced the bible and he was a pagan not god! He took the Jewish religion and basing it on the Mithras religion, organized it into Christianity and then into the Holly Roman Catholic Church!! Not in Israel or any of the countries of supposed origin but entirely ITALIAN!

Not one word of it is contemporary with the period and was not written until several hundred years after the period the story is set in!! How did the apostles write their books more than a hundred years after they would have been dead?

What a wonder full disinformation and deception campaign he waged against his Jewish enemies by turning them into his invented Christianity - so good in fact that Christians are still following the deception to this day!

• sesser

I have met extra Atheist on right here that recognize extra approximately the bible than Christians . I suppose the individuals that appear to the bible with out the OH SAVE ME . reside endlessly and put out of your mind in these days BS that's propaganda of the ><< and that i despise this phrase so badly < Christian> have you ever traced the starting place of this phrase . have you ever traced the starting place of Religion of . should you do then you definitely could recognize why i despise the Romans and there God . now not pronouncing the individuals are dangerous . i do know many catholics that do good with God . however i do know many extra that defile Gods phrase . just like the POPE . this being is in opposition to the very standards taught within the bible . now the Atheist they arrive towards the instructing of the bible than such a lot so known as Christians . the Christians fallow the commandments to OOOOHHHH aboid the intensity of helll OOOHHHH and the Atheist do it simply out of usual experience . and evidence of it's in the truth that these kind of holly rollers don't seem to be extinct . take the Christian cult . they've repetitiously attempted to spoil all that oppose them and they're nonetheless being antagonistic . however the atheist have simply went there approaches and actually reside a greater lifestyles . and the rationale for that is Christianity comes to a decision who's atheist . they outline what atheist is . atheist isn't a lifestyle it's lifestyles with out this terror of the boogy guy the church makes use of to get the individuals to bow right down to a god that they dont recognize or recognize . Me i'm really not an atheist or a Christian . My eyes are open to throughout me . and unaware of all that's now not . and if this is sensible to then you definately you're blessed with a godly eye . if it does now not good your nonetheless blessed however via a further god .

I not only read it but I studied it in depth. The more I read, the less I believed. The Bible is one of the best arguments against Christianity. Honestly, take a good look at it. Don't read it with "the guidance of the Holy Spirit." Just read it and ask yourself how can you reconcile the concept of "God" within the context of just the Bible. It really can't be done unless you are lying to yourself.

More atheists are familiar with the Bible than Christians. This is according to a recent Pew study.

Three times cover to cover and many more than that in increments during church and bible study. I was ruling champion of my church's youth bible trivia league and everything. Read it, understood it, just don't believe in talking donkeys or invisible beings who live in another dimension and control our lives with their magical superpowers.

the Holy Bible, the Qur'an, and the Satanic Bible. still atheist

Yes, nice stories some good poetry and songs. If you read as literature and not as history or a true book not all that bad. As it was never meant to be non-fiction.

Yeah. It's a great work of fiction.

One of my favourite quotes:

"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man." (1 Tim. 2:12-14)

Yes, I studied it for over 30 years. That is exactly why I'm atheist.

That book is just myth. There is a talking donkey for gods sake.

Yes and studying it is what led me to be an atheist.