Need help with insane light-switch issue?

OK. Here's the deal. I just moved into a new apartment. Mostly, everything is OK. But I have a weird issue with a pair of light-switches. When I walk out of my kitchen, I walk into a passage that leads to the bedrooms. There is a set of three lights in the ceiling, in the middle of the passage. So, you switch... show more OK. Here's the deal. I just moved into a new apartment. Mostly, everything is OK. But I have a weird issue with a pair of light-switches. When I walk out of my kitchen, I walk into a passage that leads to the bedrooms. There is a set of three lights in the ceiling, in the middle of the passage. So, you switch on the lights from the kitchen end and switch off at the bedroom end. Here's the problem. You can jump up and down and do the boogie from the bedroom end. The light still switches on and off at the kitchen end. BUT if you switch off the light at the kitchen end, it is doom and disaster! Now, you can't switch on the light at the bedroom end. Is the light-switch haunted? If not, what can I reasonably do, to fix it?
5 answers 5