Is there anybody who is a fashion expert?

Please HELP! I need an interview with an expert on the fashion field. You don't have to answer all my questions just the ones you can and it doesn't even have to be thorough. Please HELP ME ASAP!! Thank you to anybody who can help me! Here are my questions: (Please answer with your opinions)

How would you define fashion? Women's fashion?

How did women come to wear jeans? Was it a sign of rebellion or sense of style or just a long lasting trend?

Who are some major fashion icons in modern culture?

Why do women follow trends and styles? Why do some women don't?

What are some crazy hairstyles that women have done over the centuries?

What do you think are the key pieces of clothing during the 1960's and 1970's?

How do trends and fads come about? Who sets them and how does the majority of the public wear them?

Why do think that high heels have had such a big impact on women's fashion?

How does American fashion differ from European fashion? Now and throughout history?

What are the major fashion cities then and now? What makes them fashion cities?

Does having fashion runway shows globalize the fashion industry? Does it help the economy of the world by selling fashion items?

Please email me!

Favorite Answer

Fashion is style, confidence, and appearance. It is an art form that combines design, architecture,and the performing arts.

Some icons of modern culture: Alexa Chung, Kate Moss, Nicole Richie, Lady Gaga, Leigh Lezark, Rachel Bilson, Sienna Miller, and Rumi Neely of FashionToast.

Women follow trends to fit in, to embody some sort of icon/inspiration, to make a statement of some sort, or simply because they enjoy the trend. Same reasons apply for not following trends.

Crazy hairstyles: the Beehive, Dorothy Hamel haircut, mullets (yes, women had them, too), perms, the Diana haircut, Farrah Faucet style, and more recently, hairstyles such as Rihanna's flaming red or Nicki Minaj pink have become popular.

Key pieces of the '60s: Swing dresses, the famous YSL colour block dress, crazy prints, go-go boots, little black dresses (a la Audrey Hepburn), mini skirts & dresses, hotpants.

Key pieces of the '70s: bellbottoms, platforms, beads, flowy dresses (disco style), wide lapels, button-down blouses, peasant tops, maxi dresses, fringe bags & vests, and faux fur coats.

Fads can be started anywhere, from a campaign, a designer, an icon, etc. They gain popularity quickly, but die out fast. If they circulate longer, they become trends. Some people follow the trend exactly, others take their own spin on trends.

High heels are, in a way, what sets apart men's & women's footwear. They have a way of making a woman feel instantly glamourous.

Major fashion cities: Paris, France. London, England, Milan, Italy. New York, New York. Rome, Italy. Tokyo, Japan. Los Angeles, California.

A lot of them are home to some of the biggest fashion houses in the world. Some, like LA, are major in fashion because of the celebrity side of the fashion world.

Fashion runways absolutely help the economy. They are a way of selling clothes through performance art. Usually, the attendees of major fashion shows are people with a lot of money. So, obviously they are a wise choice for economic growth.

Hope I helped :)

Source(s): I've taken a fashions course, going to college in September, majoring in Fashion Arts. HUGE fashion lover :)<3

I believe fashion is the outward way of showing who you are inside. Your traits, hobbies, dreams, and decisions all come out when you wear that particular outfit.

Who are some major fashion icons in modern culture?'

For me, a major fashion icon is Taylor Swift. She wears the cutest clothes and never stops being who she truly is.

Some people are more bold than others and go against the flow, but some women just like the current trend and decide to wear it.

Crazy hairstyles such as the Beehive, the crazy 80's teased hair, and of course Lady Gaga's bow made out of her real hair come to my mind.

The high waisted skirts for sure. It showed versatility colliding with femininity, while making a statement.

I did my best :)

Hi

yeah there is a website whom tell you about latest fashion http://www.latestfashiontoday.com/

hope you like it

Thank you

Source(s): yahoo.com