Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 9 years ago

whats going on with the band HIM lately?

I havent heard anything about them in like a year now, does anyone know what theyre up to? if theyre releasing a new album soon or something?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

On June 9, 2009, HIM announced in a phone interview with Euro-Rock Radio that they will be recording their new album in August 2009 with producer Matt Squire in Los Angeles, California. The title of the album is Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice. The recording of the album began on August 3, 2009 and finished on October 8, 2009. On November 22, lead singer Ville Valo's birthday, the album art was released on the band's website. The album was released February 8, 2010 in the United Kingdom and France and February 9 in the United States. It was also released on February 10 in Japan and on February 12 in Germany. Their first single from the album, "Heartkiller" was released December 8, 2009 as a digital download and on February 5, 2010 as a CD single. The single featured two other songs, an acoustic version of "Heartkiller" called "Heartkiller (Moordeb VRS)" and a remix of "Shatter Me With Hope" titled "Shatter Me With Hope (The Sword of Democles)". HIM has played the songs "Heartkiller", "Scared to Death", and "Love, the Hardest Way" live at the Helldone festival, which were recorded and released through iTunes as bonus tracks on Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice. Due to the uproar and requests from fans, popular music/rhythm video game Rockband are releasing HIM downloadable content called "HIM Pack 01". The pack is downloadable from Wii Ware, Xbox Live and Playstation Network and will feature the songs: Ode To Solitude (From Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice), Wings Of A Butterfly (From Dark Light) and new single Heartkiller (From Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice). The band will also be part of the Game with Fame promotion on Xbox Live to help promote the album on March 25. HIM recently filmed a music video for their song Scared To Death whilst in Melbourne, Australia. It was announced that on December 7, 2010, HIM will release SWRMXS. Featuring HIM songs remixed by Tiesto, Morgan Page, Gavin Russom and more. The album is available online on iTunes, Beatport and other digital retailers. The physical album is available exclusively in stores at Hot Topic in the US. A Special Edition of the album including a new HIM shirt featuring the new album cover will be up for pre-order on heartagram.com on November 11. As of March 28th, 2011 HIM and Sire/Warner records have parted ways. Seppo, the manager, says that is more problable that the band will make another album than continue touring

• 9 years ago

They split with Sire records. NOT with each other. I think they are shopping for a new label and is said to be writing another album instead of still touring for Screamworks.

• foran
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Kate Nash - Mariella Cribbs - Mens needs insurrection In Belgium - l. a. Musique Yashin - awaken <<<my friends band, they are remarkable! spectacular nw im being attentive to - Radiohead - Hgh And Dry

• 9 years ago

after 6 years and three albums they have decided to part ways. so sad =( im not sure if this a just a break or permanent

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.