Are Helios lenses with Russian logo more superior in quality than the ones that have logo in English on them?

Ebay seller claims that lens with Russian logo is far better by optic and by my material than Helios 44-2 export variant with english LOGO. I need more input, since websearch didn't produce much result. Thank you

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Oirdne
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I tried to find information in Russian Internet (in Russian) and people write that as it was told in soviet time "export" variants were better because of strict control of quality. But at the same time the same people tell that they don't see any difference.

But in general in USSR as well in Russia now they NEVER did do anything better for domestic market than for export. People here in Russia have less choice and don't complain so much that is why any quality would be ok.

But for export they were more responsible.

That is why the answer for your question is "no".

Source(s): Live in Russia.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The lanuage of the lettering doesn't signify a difference in quality in anyway on them. But they do vary greatly in quality between individual examples. There's no agreed way of telling good from bad except by using them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The one in Russian is better because it cost less money to make. This is due to exporting costs. Also the companies alwas keep the best for their own. Like baretta guns. They never export the best ones to America. They keep them in Italy!!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.