Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.
How do you make a meat loaf?
I'd love to try it
- F DLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
Beth's Meat Loaf
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried sage
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a bowl, lightly mix the beaten eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt, black pepper, and sage together until thoroughly combined. Gently work in the ground beef until mixed; press the meat mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven until the loaf is no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
4. While the meat loaf is baking, mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, and dry mustard powder in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved. When loaf is done, pull from the oven, and spread topping over the loaf. Return to oven, and bake until the topping is set, about 10 more minutes.Source(s): allrecipes.com
- JaneLv 71 decade ago
Meatloaf is basically a big sliced burger- so mix your ground beef with flavourings you like such as onion, garlic, herbs, paprika, mustard etc, many people add some breadcrumbs so the mixture isn't too solid, and beaten egg so it will stay stuck together when you turn out and slice, also sausage meat. The advantage of the meatloaf idea is that you can add in layers- so layer the burger meat with things like sauteed mushrooms, chopped spinach, aubergines or other veg you like.
Stuff down firmly into a greased loaf tin, cover the top with baking paper and bake in the oven for an hour and a half or so, remove the paper towards the end so the top browns.
- davidepedenLv 51 decade ago
Ingredients can vary by taste. Here is how I do it
Preheat oven to 350
2-3 pounds ground beef (preferably 85% lean or better, but really, any ground beef will work. You can also mix ground beef with ground turkey to additionally reduce fat. I don't like using all ground turkey since it can turn out too dry and tasteless.)
1 large onion, chopped
1 small can, sliced black olives
1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
Worcester sauce to taste
Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well with your hands. Transfer to a baking pan. Top with additional olives, or mushrooms, or our traditional favorite, ketchup. Bake for 90 minutes and test for doneness with a meat thermometer. Temp must reach 165. If it is not done, put it back in oven for an additional 20 minutes and check again. When the dish is done, transfer it immediately to a platter.Source(s): Home cook