What is a CO2 powered bb pistol?

I'm a newbie and i have no idea what CO2 powered means. can you help? I am looking into buying the Walther Airguns Nighthawk Co2 Pellet Pistol. Any advice?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

CO2 power means you have to buy CO2 cartridges--little silver cannister-things filled with compressed gas--to power the gun. The best performance I've seen out of CO2 power was probably 600 feet per second pellet velocity in a long gun. CO2 pistols will normally shoot around 400 fps, which is pretty weak, and I believe that the Walther replica taps into some of the discharge gas to operate a moving slide on the pistol to make it more realistic, but also vents gas away from moving the pellet, thus making shoot even weaker.

My advice is that if you want a cool-looking replica get that Walther mock-up. If you want a pellet pistol that will shoot much harder and not require you to buy CO2 all the time, get something like the Crossman 1377C American Classic Air Pistol.

• 3 years ago

Co2 Bb Pistol

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a CO2 powered bb pistol?

I'm a newbie and i have no idea what CO2 powered means. can you help? I am looking into buying the Walther Airguns Nighthawk Co2 Pellet Pistol. Any advice?

Source(s): powered bb pistol: https://tr.im/CDWyB
  • 9 years ago

CO2 is carbon dioxide (a gas) its all around you. but in this case it powers a bb pistol. this gas is compressed in a cylinder under high pressure just like a CO2 fire extinguisher. It is then screwed on the bottom or back of the gun in your case underneath i presume. when you buy the gun make sure you buy a few backup CO2 cylinders so when the first one runs out of gas you have a backup. CO2 or any other compressed gas cylinder must be handled with care as there is very high pressures involved and could explode if miss-treated, it is also capable of firing projectiles at high velocity's capable of killing or injuring someone so be careful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 years ago

What Is Co2

• 9 years ago

The C - carbon. The O - oxygen. Its kinda like high pressured gas. If you fill that little container up with this gas, and put it into that pistol, it shoots faster, and is more powerful.

Source(s): myself.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

co2 is a gas that is compressed in a tube. These you would have to buy separately and they would be inserted into the airgun.

• 9 years ago

it means the gun is powered by Co2.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.