Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 years ago

URGENT! WAS THIS A DATE? DOES HE LIKE ME?

I went to a movie with a good guy friend of mine. I just broke up with a guy a week ago, and he has been the one that has been talking to me about it and making me laugh about the whole situation. My ex and I had no communication Whatsoever, we kinda just made out and never talked. Combines we had a total of 200 texts in the 2 months we were dating. My friend (the one i went to the movie with) has been my friend since 8th grade, we are sophomores now, and he dated my ex best friend between 8th grade and freshman year. I liked him between freshman and sophomore year but he didn't like me. Now my friends were telling me that he liked me at one point, however my other friend told me that he likes some freshman now that is in our math class so I don't know what to thing. I was telling him how im sad that i don't hang out with some of my friends anymore because they are closer to me ex and how i have no one to hang out with. He offered that we hang out and I asked him what we would do and he said we should see a movie. We caught a late movie, at 8ish, we saw "Paul" we actually argued about weather to see Paul or Hanna and he ended up paying for my ticket because my dad had called me. I was planning on buying my ticket but he beat me to it. He also asked me if i wanted any food but i said no because i didn't want him to pay for everything because he doesn't have a job so I felt bad. We joked throughout the movie and after we waled about the entire mall for 30min before our parent picked us up. we talked about my ex for a bit (like 2 seconds cause i changed the subject) and just random stuff. Ive been texting him every day for the past week and we have long conversations. I think he likes me but im unsure, and im also unsure if this was a sate. please help me!!! And I cant just ask him because we are good friends, like Best friends HELP!

Favorite Answer

It sounds like he likes you =) it definatly sounds like you two have a connection. It'd ask him and figure it out so you don't get mixed signals. I'd seriously make a move though, sounds like you have a good chance.

I don't think it was a date but he could have considered it a date.

it sounds like you guys are just friends right now. If you want to be more than friends, start dropping hints and hopefully he'll pick up. Maybe joke around that you guys are going out like "I had an awesome time on our date ;)" but if he freaks out, then lay off a bit. But he sounds like he's been acting as more of a friend than anything.

he likes yyouuuu. but it waswnt a date

this is not love or date.