Can a single atheist provide me with proof and evidence that atheism is accurate and correct?

I don't want to see arguments or speculation. If you have EVIDENCE and FACTS that prove atheism is accurate and correct then post it. Do not post arguments. Do not post answers without an answer...such as speculative answers. Keep well in mind that absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Give me proof dear arrogant atheists. Give me proof beyond your FAITH and BELIEF that atheism is true and correct. Perhaps this example will shut a few arrogant mouths. Open a few minds a bit more. Or perhaps not. NOTHING changes the validity of this question. I don't want any "this is an invalid question" NONSENSE either just because none of you can or will even try to answer this question straight forward unless you admit the truth of things.

The arrogance of man I have a problem with...not atheists. If atheists would SHUT THE HELL UP and mind their own these kind of ideal destroying questions need not be asked.

Atheism is a humanist RELIGION. Even protected as a religion under the constitution. Who is an atheist that can laugh at faith and/or belief and not look upon their own beliefs and FAITH that they are correct.

Debauchery and idiocy will be reported. Answer the question or do not answer the question...but it better be the correct answer.

Atheism = The BELIEF there is no Creator...no metaphysical God..etc. They believe in the mother of all unlikely accidents took place to create reality in all it's organized ordered structure.

Atheism = non-belief is NOT a correct answer. Your premise is WRONG. Do not answers with such illogical tripe.

Do not try to invalidate this question with single sentence nonsense you KNOW is nonsense. To disbelieve something IS TO BELIEVE. ...to have FAITH you are correct. You know this yet you give such an inane answer. It is sad that you grasp at this belief of yours so desperately.

I keep forgetting to add the rest of the ignorant arguments that have been thrown at this question..

This is another unacceptable illogical answer "the burden of proof is on you". Well...no it's not. Atheists BELIEVE there is no Creator Being. They believe through atheist writings and basically faith. Do not show yourself to be so foolish as to try to dismiss this totally logical question with FALSE LOGIC.

I'm VERY disappointed at the lack of tact and same old repetitive supposed "invalidations" of this question. It is not logical. To disbelieve one MUST BELIEVE. Perhaps certain people just can't see what's right in front of them logically. ...that is in fact the case with ALL the comments I see trying to invalidate this question.

It's sadly pathetic and NOT what I asked. If you cannot answer a simple question and wish to try to invalidate it with FALSE LOGIC then do not attempt to answer it. Repetition is Hell and I've seen all these "your question is invalid" arguments before...and defeated them. Answer the question or do not post.

Do not mistake me for an evangelist...or a Baptist..or any Christian yay brother type. I believe in a CREATOR...and to answer someone's question of capitalized words by me...quite an off topic misdirecting question it is for EMPHASIS as there is no bold or italics for commentary.

That being said...one cannot disprove ANYTHING. MANY atheists claim proof against anything other than their selves. To have an ideal...a pseudo-religion of non-religious behavior(atheism) must always have belief in it somewhere. One cannot simple claim "oh yeah you are invalid because it's just disbelief" ..no. For to disbelieve or to believe one must believe in something to bring them to their conclusions. So far all, but one person has FAILED utterly with repetitious invalid illogical arguments NOT the answer.

One cannot disprove ANYTHING is one "point". In some reality maybe the damnable Easter Bunny DOES exist...in another maybe Santa Claus(who did exist as a real person for the less educated young athei

Best Answer

Nope. Denial of truth can not be proven.

the severe cruelty of evolution. the incontrovertible fact that cutting-factor technological information has undermined the claims made in Genesis, like flowers modern on earth earlier land or water life, or a single pair of father and mom as a basic ancestor to all human beings. The immensity of the universe and the incontrovertible fact that human beings are so insignificant -why ought to any God care approximately us? Purposeless organic failures wherein innocents are killed.

As far as theists go in this forum I'm probably one of the most "Orthodox" and a bit of an apologist junkie. When I read a claim like; "Atheism is a humanist RELIGION." a flag goes up. Atheism is a rejection of an ideology. It is strictly the territory of cognitive human beings. If infants are atheists so are dogs and trees. Your claim is simply fallacious, atheism is not a religion but rather the informed rejection of it. "Humanism" aside (Who isn't a humanist) atheism is not a religion.

Study harder.

Edit; "To disbelieve one MUST BELIEVE."

Have you really thought this out?

These are not serious apologetics...there is no rationalization of the faith here, simply nonsense. You've obviously done some study, but apparently not enough.

According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, an atheist is one that believes that there is no deity(s). That being said, it is perfectly reasonable to not accept the idea of any deities because no one has ever presented any evidence to support that claim. If someone does come up with the proper evidence, any rational human being would change their opinion based on the new information. I don't have faith that there is no god, I don't believe there are any gods because there is no valid reason to think there are any. I don't care if you think atheism is a religion. You can label it however you like. The fact is, I don't go to church, I don't believe in god(s), and I base my worldview on what can be demonstrated to be consistent with reality. Instead of making ignorant personal attacks that are intended to offend people, why don't you give me a good reason why I should believe in god? If your goal is to prove me wrong then do it. I dare you.

• JStrat

Atheism is a position, or a conclusion. It is not a religion, and it is not a -claim-. If you claim a god, you make a claim, and you must prove it.

If you believe in leprechauns, do you tell the a-leprechaunists to prove there are no leprechauns?

Of course not. Burden of evidence rests with those who make a claim, obviously.

"If atheists would SHUT THE HELL UP" <-- Did you seriously write that and then threaten to report other people? Where did they grow you?

"NOTHING changes the validity of this question."

Except that it's not a valid question. And saying nothing can change your position is the same as saying that you're close-minded.

I cannot prove to you that atheism is the correct view any more than you could prove that Christianity or Paganism or Islam or Judaism is the correct view. However, the two cannot be compared as atheism is not a religion. It is the lack of belief in a higher power. To prove that atheism is correct, one would have to disprove the existence of all gods. This by its very nature is impossible.

There's some good religious love you always hear about ;)

Also, I don't need to prove atheism because it's simply not believing in anything. Thus, it makes sense that there is literally nothing to prove.

What's UP with THE randomly capitalized WORDS anyway?

EDIT: "It is sad that you grasp at this belief of yours so desperately."

--Says the one fighting atheists on the internet at odd hours of Saturday night. Says the one who holds on to ancient practices that were only good for two things, uniting disunited peoples and filling in gaps, gaps that are being closed this very minute by science, a rational and logical instrument of human ingenuity. What has your religion done for this world? Held back science? The very science that provides you with a cure for influenza, that provides blood transfusions to keep you alive? God didn't save those people, science saved those people. God didn't give them the tools to figure all this out, evolution did. Get your head out of your ***, and realize that theres no need for a god anymore.

The problem with what you are asking is you want an atheist, who by definition says their is no evidence for a god, to provide evidence that there is none. That doesn't make sense. Atheists say the problem with myth-based religions is that there is no evidence for a god and so in fact the real question is for a faith-believer to prove to an atheist that there IS a god, not the other way around.

It's like saying to a rational person to prove that there is no Pink Unicorns. How can one prove the non-existence of pink unicorns when none exist. In this case it is up to those pink unicorn believers to prove trheir side otherwise it doesnt exist.

You have to understand that one must draw a link and require evidence otherwise anything can be believed with little rationality.

I will assert that an abscence of evidence for a claim is good reason to not believe in that claim. That lack of belief need not be a positive claim of absence.

Sorry Mark, but we won't be hushed by rants, or quited by the poorly conceived attempts at reason you have taken up here.

When you say, "To disbelieve something IS TO BELIEVE," you are simply making a false statement. When I tell you my real name is Ted, you may withhold belief with having a positive belief that my name is not Ted. Please Mark, take your time, and think this through. Good luck, and be well.

Markus: I can tell you're a happy go lucky guy. I doubt any atheist out there can provide you with proof and evidence that atheism is accurate and correct.

I'm also pretty certain no religious person out there can provide you with proof and evidence that their religion is accurate and correct.

It's a crazy world.

Sure, I'll play along this sophistry again. Here you go:

Proof that Atheism is Accurate and Correct:

• A belief system is “accurate” and “correct” if every belief it contains is true, and no belief it contains is false.

• “Atheism” means not having a belief in deities.

• So, atheism has no beliefs.

• So, atheism has no false beliefs.

• Every belief atheism contains is true, and no belief atheism contains is false.

• Therefore, atheism is accurate and correct. QED

Unless, of course, you think it’s nonsensical to apply “accurate” or “correct” to a nonbelief. But in that case, your question would be meaningless.

Also see this “Shockumentary” about a Liar for the Lord’s smear campaign, including his fabricated quotes and his phony screenshots, centered on this question:

Sure, I'll play along once more. Here you go again:

• So, atheism has no beliefs.

• So, atheism has no false beliefs.

• So, atheism has no beliefs.

• So, atheism has no false beliefs.

Also see this “Shockumentary” about a Liar for the Lord’s smear campaign, including his fabricated quotes and his mocked-up screenshots, centered on this question:

http://youtu.be/g1DWX3LUqBA

Youtube thumbnail