What is the most secure encryption algorithm in TrueCrypt?

I want to encrypt my entire Windows system with TrueCrypt. When i run the encryption wizard, TrueCrypt asks me about encryption algorithm. Which one should I use? There are

AES

Serpent

Twofish

AES-Twofish

AES-Twofish-Serpent

Serpent-AES

Serpent-Twofish-AES

Twofish-Serpent

Which one is the most secure? I don't care about speed. I'd just like to use the most secure one.

And one more thing. What is a Hash algorithm? Which one should i pick? There are

RIPEMD-160

SHA-512

Whirlpool

So which one should i choose?

Best Answer

Serpent-Twofish-AES

That means it uses three algorithms sequentially, with the most renowned being the final one: AES.

As for hashing, that is the format your password is stored in. Hashes are not (easily) reversible, so you cant get the input back from the output.

SHA-512 is possibly the best for this. It scrambles your password 80 times in a random way until it comes up with an end result which is 512 characters long. When you enter your password, it scrambles it again with the same method, and checks to see if it's the same as the stored hash result. If your hacker wants to get entry, they'd have to guess 512 alphanumeric characters correctly. (36^(512) possibilities)

---

As for the security of all this:

Unless you had the CIA after you, or some kind of international espionage going on, what I've stated is over the top. Nobody is going to be that dedicated to haxxor ur megahurtz.

That being said, you'd probably want only AES or Serpent to encrypt your data, and you can be fairly sure that nobody's ever gonna get it.

And for your password, RIPEMD-160 would be much more efficient. Once again, as long as your hacker isn't willing to spend money on a supercomputer to crack your password, this is more than sufficient.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

AES

Serpent

Twofish

AES-Twofish

AES-Twofish-Serpent

Serpent-AES

Serpent-Twofish-AES

Twofish-Serpent

Which one is...

Source(s): secure encryption algorithm truecrypt: https://biturl.im/yX9fg
  • leiby

Twofish Vs Aes