promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 9 years ago

Do you agree that this years FA cup semi-final City v Utd..?

should of been played at Villa Park? That would be equal travel distance for both sets of fans.

Surely, it's not right that City fans have to travel all the way to London whilst Utd fans can hop on a tube train (Wembley 15 mins from central London)

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I agree both semis should be played further north. 3 NW teams and Stoke is just off the north west.

If you wanna take a swipe at united having "cockney reds" if you look at average attendances at united and city, united always have higher averages at the turnstiles. United have had greater attendances every season since 1947.

After the war when united shared Maine road with city, united had greater attendances at citys own ground.

When United were playing in Division 2 during the 1974-1975 season, they still had the highest average attendance of any club in the country, including Division 1.

City were a more successful club on the pitch than United in the 1970s, yet there was a difference of over 13,000 in our average attendances, with United the best supported club of the decade.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

The semi's definately shouldn't be played at wembley,it takes away some of the excitement of the cup final+it costs a small fortune lol

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

But that would only mean 15,000 are allowe for each City and Utd fans and that's not enough. I would have said St James' Park. But yes most Man Utd fans would only need to travel 10-20 minutes by train or car as they're already in or near London.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Umm, I'm a United fan and there isn't a tube train to Wembley for over 100 miles that I could take, jog on son.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • rhino
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

yes def......We hav 4 teams from the north having to travel all the way down to London....

Wembley is there for finals.......not semi finals......but because the FA fcuked up big style with the building of the place they have to recoup money from somewhere so they have to hold it in one of the most expensive days out in modern sport.....

• 4 years ago

In all honesty i don't think of it's going to make any difference its going to be some pastime although ? on the regulation of averages city are due a win yet we are able to could desire to be certain on the day?. Too on the brink of call?.

• 9 years ago

Yes

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

People travel from all over the world to see the best teams... and Man city have to travel from manchester, boo hoo...

• 9 years ago

What happen to Millenium Stadium?

• 9 years ago

give up on trying to be funny

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.