Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceStandards & Testing · 9 years ago

Questions From an 8th Grader About the SAT?

Hi, I am an 8th grader that is going to be taking the SAT in May. Are there usually other 8th graders that take the SAT, based on your experience? Or are SAT test takers generally 11-12th graders?

What is the procedure for taking the SAT? Are all the people grouped in one room? Do you have to line up to receive your paper? Do you take the SAT on single desks or on tables with multiple people sitting next to you?

Frankly, I am a little scared. I will be walking into a unknown high school, with people twice the size of me, and I have never taken the SAT before.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. The scores don't matter, as they will be deleted by this end of this year. (Because I'm in 8th grade, and they don't count my grades.)

Thanks for the quick replies!

• Wendy
    Favorite Answer

I've been an SAT/ACT tutor for about 23 years. Don't be afraid! You should arrive early enough to get comfortable (about 7:45 most likely). There will probably be someone at the entrance telling students where to go because there may be students from several high schools (yes, mostly 11th and 12th graders) taking the test there. You will be sitting at a desk alone but in a room with many other test-takers. The proctor (teacher in charge of the test) will probably hand you a test booklet and a test answer booklet.

Read my blog for advice about what to bring with you, but basically you'll need photo ID (school ID or letter from your school identifying you), #2 pencils (several with good erasers), a calculator, some energy snacks, something to drink for the break, and a watch. You won't be allowed to have your cell phone with you.

Check out my blog and you'll find other info about what to bring, what to eat, what to wear -- that should make you more comfortable.

Good luck!

430 extreme examining 450 math 420 Writing I appeared on the Duke TIP website and those are the easy rankings for seventh grade. i'm assuming in case you upload perhaps 10 factors to each and each area it's going to be for eighth grade. through ways, it incredibly is skewed because of the fact basically the best seventh and eighth graders take the SAT at one among those youthful age.

I took the ACT in 7th grade, but I have never heard of anyone taking the SAT that early. (To be honest, not many people take the SAT in this part of the country)

The procedure differs depending on your school.

The older people are probably going to be more scared than you, as their futures may depend on it, while your scores don't really matter at this point (unless your a genius).