Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

is there any 100% accurate English to Latin translators like Google Translate?

I need it for teaching myself Latin, I don't use Google Translate anymore, last week "Hail" in Latin was "Ave" which is correct, today it was "salve"

so I'm looking for a translator sight, that is easy to use and doesn't have an annoying background, should be similar to Google Translate and must have/be 100% Accurate English to Latin and vise-versa

Update:

how about ones that are as accurate as they can get?

Update 2:

by 100% I mean as 100% as they can get

thank you to: abcdcbabcde for the information that no one is 100% fluent in Latin

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, there is no online translator that can do Latin. Google Translate is the best one I have seen and it isn't all that great. But in this case it wasn't too far off - salve is another word used in greeting, from the verb salveo (be well).

Your best option is to get one of those teach yourself books and a grammar. Allen & Greenough is the best, in my opinion, but Bennet is not far behind. You can download one for free from textkit.com, as they are out of copyright, but I prefer to have the actual book in hand.

• ?
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Google Translate English To Latin

• linnon
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

Google Translate Latin To English

• 1 decade ago

There are none.

See, as no one is really fluent in Latin, all words in Latin aren't known, and thus no transaltor can be 100% accurate.

Also, an electronic translator can't translate 100% accurately into any language, because it is electronic and there are simply too many words and phrases, many of which don't translate. ("Jump the gun" for example, has nothing to do with jumping or a gun, and yet that's an expression)

Source(s): Me
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well, Google Translate isn't 100% accurate for other languages anyway. It can help you translate words accurate enough, but the accuracy still depends on the sentence. And its sentence translation isn't very good from personal experience. You're much better off getting human translation if the meaning really matters.

• 6 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

is there any 100% accurate English to Latin translators like Google Translate?

I need it for teaching myself Latin, I don't use Google Translate anymore, last week "Hail" in Latin was "Ave" which is correct, today it was "salve"

so I'm looking for a translator sight, that is easy to use and doesn't have an annoying background, should...

Source(s): 100 accurate english latin translators google translate: https://bitly.im/Gx70e
  • 5 years ago

Firme nunc me spondeo,

Fidelis tibi maneo,

Bella priorum cara patria,

Nunc et semper florens gloria,

Pulchras terrae patriae!

Fortes terrae pro homines,

Romae noster aeterne,

Vis cavire domum navium,

Frusta ipsa impetur,

Sunt sine spe!

Domus dulces portula,

Fraudi ob sat,

Tubae militaris vox,

Legiones procat mox!

Et in tota patria,

Cantus victoriae resonat,

Et in tota patria,

Cantus nostrae resonat,

Tempus est in gaudium,

Superbiae Roma aeterna...‎

Can someone help translate

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There is no such thing, and I'm very happy about that. There would be no need for anyone to ever learn a foreign language if such a thing existed. Just learn your languages (preferably LIVING ones) the normal way- conversation, study, and rote.

• 1 decade ago

Perhaps look into purchasing a book or dictionary, those are a lot more accurate, given that they can not be changed like a website.

• 5 years ago

Good replies, just what I was looking for.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.