Need help writing a 2D array for C++?

This is what I am supposed to do: write a program that creates a two dimensional array initialized with test data. use any data type you wish. the program should have the following functions: getTotal, getAverage, getRowTotal, getColumnTotal, getHighestInRow, getLowestInRow. Also the teacher wrote that we... show more This is what I am supposed to do:

write a program that creates a two dimensional array initialized with test data. use any data type you wish. the program should have the following functions:
getTotal, getAverage, getRowTotal, getColumnTotal, getHighestInRow, getLowestInRow.

Also the teacher wrote that we need to get the numbers from a text file. Not too positive about that. And the max size for 2D would be [40,30] and the program should ask the user to enter the number of rows and columns in the file.

Any help would be appreciated to point me in the right directions. I'm pretty lost and confused. Thank you.
1 answer