When selling old comic books what does "raw value" and the current "rated value" actually mean?

On the CPG site, I saw these 2 types of ratings. As you know there is a huge differance sometimes in the two prices of the same issue. When selling my old comic books, can I sell for the much higher "rated" value? If so,where do I go ? Please explain.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Dan
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

The "raw" value is the price for a book that hasn't been Officially Graded by CGC. The "graded" [not "rated"] value means that it has - a specific trained third party has gone over the book and decided that it's in X condition, then sealed the book in hard plastic (so the rating won't change by someone handling the book - OTOH then nobody can actually read the book either).

In order to get the graded value you'd have to get the books slabbed by one of the grading companies, and very often it's not worth it to do so unless you have a book of great value. Even then there's no guarantee that someone will buy from you the graded price. Those prices are what you'd expect to buy them at in a retail store etc., not what you'd sell them at. *Maybe* eBay, but then you'd have to pay the eBay service fees.

• ewing
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Value Comic Books

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

When selling old comic books what does "raw value" and the current "rated value" actually mean?

On the CPG site, I saw these 2 types of ratings. As you know there is a huge differance sometimes in the two prices of the same issue. When selling my old comic books, can I sell for the much higher "rated" value? If so,where do I go ? Please explain.

Source(s): selling comic books quot raw quot current quot rated quot mean: https://biturl.im/1be7E
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.