what color should I paint front door of old white house (besides black)?

I recently moved into 1921 home that is all white (no shutters yet) and am getting a new fiberlass panel door. We live in the south and the store said the warranty on door will be void if I paint it black because it will absorb so much heat. Anyone painted a great color lately?

Favorite Answer

Choose any color you like as long as it is a light to medium shade.

The warranty info is correct. If the door is painted a dark color, it will absorb alot of heat and may warp.

This beige door looks nice with all the white..http://www.bhg.com/home-improvement/exteriors/curb...

I also think a soft blue/gray would look great.

Go with a light green or light blue if you like those colors.

A bright but calm yellow would make a statement.

Use a good quality exterior latex paint. Do Not use oil base paint, ever.

A quart will be enough.

Valspar makes a great exterior..Duramax. It is self priming too.

Wash the door thoroughly and allow a day of dry time. Then paint the door when the temp will be above 50, not in the sun and no rain expected for at least one day after painting.

Use a good quality brush. Expect to pay at least $10. Purdy makes good brushes.

Source(s): Professional Painter

1

Source(s): How to Work Wood http://givitry.info/WoodworkingProjects

You could always try a bright red or a deep blue color to offset the white. I lived in an all white house that had a cauliflower blue color on it and it was just beautiful. It's is really set off if you have some red flowers on the sides of the door to give it a nice elegance and playfulness!

"Tree Tops" by Dunn Edwards (other paint stores should be able to access that formula). It's a green with a hint of blue. Get it in a semi gloss and it will look like a really gorgeous piece of turquoise. It would also pair well with black shutters.

I used this color in a master bedroom makeover and loved it so much I am looking for more places to use it!

I would guess that your house has shutters also. Just about any color would do since the house is white. Paint the door and shutters a color that you like.

Here are literally thousands of organized woodworking projects in a members area and all you have to do is get them off your computer any time you want. Go here https://tr.im/UMsPJ

There are thousands of plans so decide which one you are going to tackle next. The choice is yours to make so just click on the proper button for the specific project and then they are right there for you to pick one. The diagrams and instructions will be right there in the computer for you to access at any time or if you prefer you can print them out.

• chris

In many parts of the world a "Red" front door means "Welcome".

Here is a site that explains the red door a little.

Chris

a rich darker red would look stunning...put a planter box or large pot with some lovely red flowers to add to the wow factor

Mauve or Burgundy is what I like. But you should pick one that you like and that represents your personality!

Best wishes!

red looks like its been said already so take some good advice