WHY does my clothes come out of our dryer smelling like crap?

Hi there guys thanks for reading, the problem that we have been getting is, When we wash our clothes in the WASHING MACHINE, the clothes come out smelling really nice and lovely, Then when we put them in our DRYER they come out smelling like, NOTHING. I have used dryer sheets, i have even soaked rags with softener,Perfume, baby wipes and they still come out smelling of nothing, I cant describe the smell to be honest with you, Its like a mixture of wet dog and oilish smell. It is quite weird. My sister in-law never has this problem and her kids clothes always smell nice. I just don't get it, And i don't use cheap washing powders and softeners, actually some of the cheaper ones smell better than the expensive ones. I really just do not GET IT.

Can anyone help?

Any advice would be great. x

• Beth
    Favorite Answer

Try using both liquid fabric softener and the dryer sheets. Make sure you remove the clothes immediately after the washer stops. If they stay wet too long this will cause odors. So by the same token, if your dryer is taking too long to dry your clothes, you can get a funny odor..kind of like wet dog or mold.

Also, try running your washing machine with vinegar only, before your next wash load.

• Wendy

Have you removed the fluff front the vent,try giving the dryer a wash down maybe the condensation builds up and it keeps it smelling damp.A good way to remove damp and odours is to fill a pillow case with a bag of cat litter and leave it inside the dryer for a good few days.Cat litter absorbs moisture and odour.Always leave the door a jar after use to allow the moisture out.Also if it is pushed to close to the wall it can cause a kink in the vent and it doesn't disperse properly.Try pulling it out from the wall when its in use

The smell is probably in the dryer and the heat makes it come out on your washing.Try leaving the dryer door open when not in use and let a change of air get to it

• kroell

Vinegar is a sturdy nuetralizer. I had a cat spray a cushion chair, and that i soaked it with water and vinegar. Then dry it thoroughly. It substitute right into a landlords chair, by no potential smelled it lower back. sturdy success!

are you completely 100% sure you're putting them in a dryer?