Are Russian People cold people ?

well during the cold war Russia was a dangerous place and Russian Special Army Unit Spetsnaz are very cold blooded killers are they still like this well i don't hate Russian people i love Russia very much

@Nathan and i have not insulted Russia our country has very good relations with Russia and one more thing I Love Russia even i am not from there

Favorite Answer

Russian people are often mistaken as cold people, but they are not. Russian people don't just smile to anyone specially on the street, this kind of attitude of Russians can be traced back to the USSR times when people can't trust each other. But if you happen to know a real Russian and you make friends with them, you will realize that they are good people, warm and can make you feel special. When you visit a Russian at home, they will make you feel comfortable and serve you with good food. Russian people are smart people and very analytical that's why they frown to things that seems stupid. Also, Russians are straightforward people and won't hesitate complaining but are very good in hiding their emotions. They look tough, but the truth is they are soft on the inside.

Source(s): Me. With many Russian friends and Ukrainian girlfriend

No not all of them. My new neighbors are Russian and they have been the nicest people. The Husband was very helpful and warm and nice. The wife was also nice and is equally good,warm, and inviting. I was at their house and none of them were judgmental or hostile. I felt very comfortable once i got to know them a bit more. But in NYC on the subway i have met some rude ones. I just accepted that not all of them were nice like my neighbors. So the answer to the question is, some are and some aren't cold. Its like anywhere else you go. You'll find some warm people you'll like and some cold people you won't. The Soviet Union has ended and from what i was told, Russian society has been really changing. There are more opportunities so i think that would make a lot of people happier. Like i said, anywhere else you go there's cold and warm individuals and that applies to everyone and everyplace not just Russia. :)

• INNA

Nope not at all !!

Russian people may sometimes seem cold on the outside, because they're living a tough life and endure many hardships, but they're not cold at all. They're really emotional people with a huge heart and humongous soul. Also really sensitive individuals. Why do you think there have been so many great poets and writers that are Russian? Think Pushkin, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Gogol, and many many others. Russians have written novels about personal relationships and almost every sentence is filled with emotion. There is actually a term in literature that is called the "Russian Soul" describing Russian spirituality and becoming a possible national identity. So how is it that a COLD person could be so emotional?

I'm Russian myself and I know that Russians may seem to be mean sometimes, and not that smiley with people in general, but you should never take that on a personal level. Russians are warm at heart and once you befriend one you'll get a loyal friend for life. In company they're great hosts, outgoing, funny, caring :)

I don't know about the Spetsnaz per se, but you shouldn't stereotype a country for their deeds.

:D

• ?

no not at all. Some Russian people might seem not sociable or friendly sometimes, its just that they are having a hard time living in Russia because in certain areas of Russia, its hard to get by on a low money budget because its hard to find a job, and living quarters is hard to find and there is little food.

Russian people are friendly and warmhearted people once you get to know a Russian. They are quick tempered but that's alright, we loose our temper too sometimes.

Russian people are nice and will help you out. Russians are very smart and there are good colleges over in Russia, especially in St. Petersburg and Moscow.

I have a Russian ancestry. I'm 15% Russian. My great great grandmother came from Russia.

Other than that, don't get the wrong idea about Russians because of what happened in the war, that is over with. Not all Russian people are like that.

• K2010

Hi MJ

Generally, Russians are very emotional, more than Americans, and very open hearted.

Very easily deceived, in fact, for this matter. As per Speznaz, these Special forces, apparently, are like in every country. they are doing special jobs.

Source(s): You Rock!

Russian people are very emotional people and this makes the shock set in very early when the temperature starts to rise. This combined with a narcissistic personality can generate some cold calculating individuals. Most Bolsheviks are warm hearted but tend to be emotionally neglected.

• Cossak

Hmmm,my dad was in Spetsnaz and hes ok! my cousin seems to be a normal too,lol

All Special Army Units are the same across the World.

In general - no, Russians are not cold people.

Source(s): Russian

It depends on if you are refering to Turk Russians or Native Russians (Siberians).

Siberians (Native Russians) inhabit the coldest place on Earth, Shakur Siberia.

Source(s): Siberian.

of course they are. You know how *****ing cold it is up in Russia?