Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 10 years ago

What's the name of this old-school anime movie? Kids ride a giant paper crane into space.?

I watched it as a child growing up in Japan, so it must have been made in the 80's or early 90's. I don't remember much, but I can recall that the beginning conflict is a boy loses a school contest for a paper crane but takes it home anyways. Somehow, this progresses into a small group of school children riding a giant paper crane into space. I know they all have color-coded spacesuits, and there is a scary part towards the climax that shows one of the children about to get sucked into a black hole or something, and everybody has to work together to save him.

Favorite Answer

I found an anime with similar themes, but I don't think it's the one your looking for. It's called "On A Paper Crane - Tomoko's Adventure".

http://www.animevice.com/on-a-paper-crane/13-714/

- city Hunter - Akira - Doraemon - Fist of North movie star - candy candy - Urusei Yatsura - cellular experience Gundam - Saint Seiya - Transformers - Voltron - Astro Boy - velocity Racer - Kimba ^_^