Does the fact that the Easter Bunny lays chocolate eggs disprove evolution?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Best Answer

The two rabbits that I owned in my childhood only "laid" little things that we called "raisins." I was never tempted to taste one. I suspect the Easter bunny is a mutant species that survives by secreting chocolate to divert and poison predators, since it's poisonous to canines and cats.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Easter is set by the first full moon after the vernal equinox. This is the one day in the year when day and night are roughly equal!

It varies by more than a month over the years and so it simply cannot represent the date of anyone's death!!!

It is in fact a combination of several pagan festivals most notably the spring festival.

The name Easter comes from “Eastre” an Anglo-Saxon pagan goddess. Also the Norse goddess,Ostara who took her name from the Teutonic lunar goddess Eostre

Even the Chinese have the festival of Ching Ming where flowers and sweets are put on their ancestors graves!!

The egg and the rabbit are symbols of springtime and rebirth along with the custom of giving flowers etc!!

The Venerable Bede, an early Christian writer pointed out that the Christian church absorbed Pagan practices when it found the population unwilling to give up the festivals. Thus a lot of what Christians now see as Christians practices are in fact pagan!!!

Fun to watch the Christians worshiping a pagan festival though - makes it just like Christmas when they do the same thing!!!

• 9 years ago

Quite interesting that easter bunnies and chocolate eggs are meant to distract from the Resurrection. Now why do you think that we're going to all this trouble to do that?

• winley
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Chocolate egg laying bunnies are contributing as plenty evidence to Darwin's concept of evolution as chocolate milk generating cows. to respond to this question we ought to look at it from 2 factors: a million. the way it relatively is that animals can produce chocolate, and a pair of. How is it that Bunnies (who're mammals) can lay eggs. Explination: At one ingredient, all cows have been white. all of them produced white milk. Then, there have been white cows with brown spots, those cows produced a white milk with a splash of chocolate milk. In time, those white & brown cows have been have bred to offer good brown cows; who produced chocolate milk--solely. like the cows, the bunnies has developed their phenotype expression from white to brown. The brown ones, all lay chocolate eggs. they're an fullyyt diverse species. i comprehend what you're thinking, and no. those brown bunnies are no longer Mamals. For Mamals do no longer lay eggs. those bunnies have been genetically crossed with a mystical animal from the north pole. subsequently they could: a) lay eggs; and b) lay chocolate eggs.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 4
    9 years ago

Present your easter bunny.

• 9 years ago

Evolution can only be dissolved in a solution of primordial soup

• 9 years ago

Of course not. He evolved from an ancestral species that laid eggs made of sugar, who cross-bred with a species that laid eggs made of cocoa butter.

• 9 years ago

Maybe you can tell me. What part of a baby do you squeeze to get baby oil?

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No, it proves a shared ancestry with cocoa plants.

• 9 years ago

So, that means candy canes must come from Santa. But, what orifice do they come out of?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.