How to figure out your wifi password?

So today we got a laptop and a wifi router thing. Well, my parents are dumb as i'll get out when it comes to that and have no clue whatsoever with what they're talking about. I was trying to get on my ipod but the wifi connection has a password, evidently they didn't put one and i have no clue what it is or how to obtain it. How to you find it out or how do you reset it? (Its a NetGear one btw)

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Call your internet service provider and get them to help you set it up. Take a good look at your router and write down its model number and serial number so you can answer those questions. Find the user's manual and write notes in itas you get set up. There may be a tech support phone number in the manual so you can call NetGear.

• 10 years ago

Read the manual for the router, and see how to use WDS if it supports it.

Otherwise you need to go to the router admin pages to get the WPA key there, or properly set up a key or password.

You will need to set the router for your provider, and set an admin password on it.

• fromm
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

attempt watching the router. some vendors (like uverse and comcast) easily print the password on a tag on the router. quite maintain, huh? seek for a tag that announces WEP key.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

It's usually someones phone number or little kid or something random

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.