Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingBaby Names · 9 years ago

would you pronounce the name Lara like Laura?

or like Lar-uh?

I want to name my daughter Lara (pronounced like Lar-uh not Lor-uh...laura) But i want to know how i should spell it. Lara or Larah maybe?

Does that make sense?

Can you suggest some middle names? I was thinking of Lanae, but I am not sure about the double L's

Thanks for your help =)

@Kojak- I didn't ask if you liked it or not. If you dont like it, dont answer my question. For that, I reported you. Next time either answer the question or pass it up. Thanks

@Kylee's mom- I dont want to name her Laura, not that its a bad name, but its too common. Lara isn't as popular.

THANKS EVERYONE SO FAR!

Favorite Answer

i would pronounce it like Lar-uh. its very cute. i personally love it like Larah. but that's just my opinion. i also like names like Lila with an h. (Lilah) i just find it much cuter.

i think the "elle" sound is good with Larah

Larah Michelle

Larah Marielle

Larah Brielle

Larah Danielle

Larah Arielle

if you don't like those, maybe

Larah Quinn

Larah Elizabeth

Larah Ann(e)

Larah Alise/Elise

Larah Jane

Larah Renee

Larah Grace

Larah Juliet

Larah Elaine

Larah Cheyenne

i love all the "elle" names and Larah Cheyenne. if you hate them though, i understand and wont be offended lol

Lara is sweet and simple and feminine hihi..

Well i pronounce it Lar-uh and i think its the best way to pronounce it

So i think Lara looks nicer and more sophisticated than Larah..

I think people are smart enough to make the difference between Lara and Laura,:)

Go for Lara :')

Now middle names- Lanae is beautiful but does not flow well with Lara

Lara Michelle

Lara Amelie

Lara Helena

Lara Kimberly

Lara Noemie

Would you consider 'Laure'?

Its a french name or even Norah? :')

Hugs :)

I would pronounce Lara like Lar-uh. And i like it spelled just like that.

Lara Lanae is so cute and I think the double L's are cute too.

Lara Renae

Lara Dae

Lara Rae

Lara Shae

Lara Fae

Lara Mae

Lara Kae

Lara Jae

I would pronounce Lara Lar-uh. I'm Spanish though, so I don't know if that makes a difference, but at least at home in Spain she would definitely be Lar-uh, more emphasis on the first syllable, Laaar-uh.

• Larah for sure, because its easier to sound out that way and for sure does not sound like laura..

Middle Names: dont like the double L, however Lanae is pretty and does go with Larah

Larah McClain

Larah Anne

Larah Marie

Larah Brooke

Larah Nikole

Larah Rose

Larah Emily

I'm a Laura and there were 4 Laura's and 1 Lara in my homeroom in high school. Lara is pronounced differently.

I like Laura much better, but that is because that is my name. My mom wanted to name me Laurel, but thought it was too hickish.

If your last name is Bean, you would have an LL Bean.

I'm pregnant and if it is a girl(we don't like to find out) we plan on Mary Morgan (after my great grandma) and our last name begins with an S. That will make her MM's and she will definitley be a sweetie.

Do what you feel in your gut or make the final call when you see your baby for the first time.

My name is Lara...pronounced like Larr-uh...not Lare-uh....I've fought with people over the years saying Lora...and I concede that Laura is Lora. My middle name is Camille...my sister is Diann Lischelle (Lisa and Michelle combo)...I was named after Dr Zhivago...I feel the Larah would confuse those people into like Sarah....perhaps Larra might help...good luck to you!

• "Sorry,No" is no reason to report. the answer isn't going against any of the Y/A rules or guidelines so just a heads up...it probably won't be removed. His answer was so vague that it could be taken as "Sorry,no I would not pronounce it like Laura"

Anyways to the question, I would pronounce Lara as -LAR-ah (like Lara Croft) and Laura as -LOR-ah)

Good luck

Sincerely,Sam.

I would pronounce it Lar-Uh. Lar sounding like Jar. It's really pretty! You might like Kara too :)

Some middle names you might like are: Reese or Michaela. But I think Lanae is perfect!

Good luck :)

My name is Lara and every Lara I've ever met has pronounced it "Lah-ra" (with the "lar" rhyming with "bar"). In practice though, it is constantly misspelled and mispronounced, even by people who know me well.