Do you agree with knighting footballers...?

(Cheers, Nick) I do not see the point of it... take for example, Giggs. Don't get me wrong, I like and respect Giggs... but why should he be knighted? Everything he's achieved over his career, he has achieved with Manchester United. It's well known he used to skive regularly from International... show more (Cheers, Nick)

I do not see the point of it... take for example, Giggs. Don't get me wrong, I like and respect Giggs... but why should he be knighted? Everything he's achieved over his career, he has achieved with Manchester United. It's well known he used to skive regularly from International Duty... you want Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth to give him a Knighthood for being a Man United legend?

Show me a soldier and I'll show you a man who's willing to fight and die for his country... yet, they are given barely any recognition and are treated like pieces of meat. Put Ronaldo on the battlefield and see how he does... he can barely stand up on the bloody pitch. Do not make a fvcking mockery out of Knighthoods by giving them to footballers.