Anonymous

how can I get health insurance when I can't through my job?

i'm 22 I live with my fiance and I work part time. My work does offer health insurance for part time employees but I missed the deadline for open enrollment. The next time i can sign up isn't until november. My fiance and I are getting married next month but he can't add me to his plan until January. I don't qualify for medicaid. I don't qualify for free clinics. I don't think I can wait 9 more months to go to the dr. I need my wisdom teeth out asap! how can I get health insurance? Are there independent insurance companies I can get health care through and if so what are some?

thanks

• Zarnev
    Best Answer

When you get married that is considered a change in life which will legally allow you to get on your fiance's plan at work.

Yes, there are 1300 independent health insurance companies in the U.S. depending upon your state of residence.

BTW - health insurance is not going to help with wisdom teeth - you need dental for that and most health plans do not include dental. You may want to try a dental school where you can get good service at a reasonable cost. You can find the nearest school here: http://yourhealthplanadvisor.com/Dentalschools.htm...

Source(s): Independent Agent

it relatively is greater then we pay for our kin of 6 (We pay one hundred eighty a month for dental, innovative and prescient and scientific) yet nonetheless far extra perfect then you definitely will discover in case you attempt to purchase it privately, extra then probable, except you're prepared to get a coverage with very extreme deductibles, then you definitely would discover one extra much less costly.

Geico is what I use, and alot of government people also use it. And blue shield is really good. Your best bet is shop around and find what you want. Compare pricing is your best friend.