Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelVietnamOther - Vietnam · 9 years ago

Phan Thiet and Vietnam events in april?

Hi everyone! Does anyone know what festivals, celebrations or other bublic events planned for april 2011 in Vietnam? I'm staying in Phan Thiet and I would like to visit some interesting events during my stay. I heart about hot air balloon festival, does anyone knows about it? Other suggestions?

Favorite Answer

There was news that to celebrate the anniversary of the city's liberation (on April 19), a balloon contest will be held in Phan Thiet on April 24-25. However, this might have been for 2010 and not 2011 so check it out with your hotel.

Binh Thuan International Dragon Boat Racing Festival: is held at the end of April on the Ca Ty River with a 1km and a 3km race.

Liberation Day: is held on 30 April. This is the day when Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) fell to Liberation forces (the "communists") in 1975. It is a public holiday commemorated nationwide.