Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 decade ago

What is Forged Foods?

Can anyone help me out???

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Forged, or fake foods are items that are sold as food but aren't actually food.

Some unscrupulous people in China have made an industry out of creating and selling fake food.

For instance, mushroom dumplings that use chopped up cardboard instead of mushrooms, or soy sauce that's made from just sea water and some brown coloring.

Of course it's not legal, but oddly, many of the people don't mind...they like the savings they get from buying phony "food".

• viv
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Does that mean food cooked by a black smith or food recipes that have been stolen and re done? Not too many places have copyrighted foods as once someone else has put their spin on them then it isn't the same recipe. If I give you a recipe and you choose to use margarine rather than butter or artificial vanilla extract than pure extract then it won't be the same recipe.

Source(s): Cook book author
  • 1 decade ago

I think you mean Foraged foods. Foods that grow wild and naturally, such as wild mushrooms, snails, wild radish, stinging nettles wild blueberries etc

• 1 decade ago

Do you mean foods that are foraged? It means to collect or scavenge.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tell the quality of the thing, basically see color, smell and the production date.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.