Can I grill BBQ chicken on an electric grill?

Now, I know it's not "actual"BBQ if it's not smoked or cooked over coals. I am not looking to argue that point. It's going to be cold and rainy tomorrow, and I promised to make bone-in BBQ chicken. I do have an electric grill, and I also have an oven. I'm just using a straight up sweet... show more Now, I know it's not "actual"BBQ if it's not smoked or cooked over coals. I am not looking to argue that point.

It's going to be cold and rainy tomorrow, and I promised to make bone-in BBQ chicken. I do have an electric grill, and I also have an oven. I'm just using a straight up sweet baby ray's sauce.

My question is: can I make BBQ chicken on an electric grill, or should I bake it in the oven? I want to get the skin to have the sticky, BBQ feel. I can't find any guides on making sauce-slathered chicken on an electric grill; all the guides are about proper coal temperature, moving the meat around, how to smoke, etc.

Please help!