How to make a family tree/ trace family history & genealogy?

I would like to trace my family way back. I want to be able do do it in the easiest way possible, so I have some (specific) questions. You do not have to answer all of them (of course). 1- What are the best sites to use (most reliable, gives you the most information, etc.)? I do not want to have to pay for the... show more I would like to trace my family way back. I want to be able do do it in the easiest way possible, so I have some (specific) questions. You do not have to answer all of them (of course).

1- What are the best sites to use (most reliable, gives you the most information, etc.)? I do not want to have to pay for the site. I am, however, okay with signing up with the site for free trials, which is why I have all these questions- I want to make the most of the trial.
2- What is the easiest way to trace back your family?
3- I've heard the Mormons have detailed records from way-back-when (as in when people still had slaves) about family history. How would I get that information? Do the records tend to favor one race more than the other (part of my family may have been Cherokee, would they have information on that?)?
4-Is there any information I should get before researching?
5-How do I get a hold of birth certificates? It is my understanding that the city keeps these records, but that they are accessible to the public.
6- Some Native Americans had Christian names along with there Native American name. The tribal records of registered Native Americans contain there Native American name. If the record I find have their Christian name, how would I find their birth name?
7- I would like to know the races of each person in my family (as of now, I have a very vague knowledge of what my heritage is and I'd like to know). Is there any way to know what there heritage was? Does it come in the information on the websites that are used for tracing family history? Do I have to look into some records? Is it impossible to know?

So, that's all the questions I have as of now. If there are some other key things I should know, pretty please include it.

P.S.- The best answer will go to whoever gives me the most and/or most helpful information.

THANKYOU!!! :)