Working as a registered nurse in San Antonio, Texas?

My husband will be stationed in San Antonio Texas by the end of this year. I'm a registered nurse with my bachelors (BSN), and I'm just wondering if I could get a job out there. I've been working as a registered nurse since 2008. My background is mainly telemetry but I would like to work in medsurg (medical surgical nursing). I'd also like to know how it is in San Antonio. We have a 3 month old and he will be 1 year old by the time we move. So i'm wondering what to expect in San Antonio (community, shopping, recreation etc etc.)

Best Answer

Charlie is correct. The medical field has a very strong presence in San Antonio, centering around a part of the city on the NW side called "The Medical Center." Just google nursing opportunities in San Antonio and all sorts of things are going to come up. From there, you can focus in on your specialty.

Nursing is like teaching and accounting - always a need for good ones in most places.

Source(s): Good luck and God Bless. San Antonio resident.

I am a retired nurse. I expect that you would have excellent job opportunities in San Antonio. You need to look up the hospitals and contact their recruitment officers ...bet they will be very glad to communicate with you. San Antonio has a great reputation...you should enjoy it there.

the demand for nurses in san antonio is high