Is it okay to not switch into 5th Gear on a manual transmission?

Hi there, I drive a 2003 Volkswagen Beetle with a manual (stick shift) transmission with 5 gears. I know that you're supposed to technically allow about 10mph per gear, but I don't always change into 5th when I'm going fast, and the fastest I drive around town is about 55 mph. In other words, I usually... show more Hi there,
I drive a 2003 Volkswagen Beetle with a manual (stick shift) transmission with 5 gears. I know that you're supposed to technically allow about 10mph per gear, but I don't always change into 5th when I'm going fast, and the fastest I drive around town is about 55 mph. In other words, I usually just stay in 4th, partly because it's generally more simple to downshift when I'm in 4th. Is it okay that I don't go into 5th? I do sometimes, but not that often.
PS - I don't know a lot about cars, so please try to break it down for me! Thanks! :)