HELP! I need 30 quick facts about Asia..can be anything!?
I need 30 quick facts about Asia...can be about anything..sports, government, food, people, culture..literally ANYTHING works..short and quick facts are the best. Please and thank you!
- 9 years agoFavorite Answer
Strange facts about South East Asia:
Angkor Wat, in Cambodia, is the largest religious temple in the world. It is estimated it took 30 years to build!
When visiting Angkor, in Cambodia, you can ride an elephant from the South Gate of Angkor Thom to Bayon temple.
A golden urn, containing the remains of Buddha, is housed in a stupa (shrine), located on a hilltop in Oudong, 30 miles north of the Cambodian capital of Phnom Penh.
Though Vietnam is 1,650 kilometers (1,031 miles) from north to south, the country's most narrow point, traveling east to west, is only 50 kilometers (31 miles) across.
Vietnam is the second largest exporter of coffee in the world. Only Brazil exports more coffee, by volume, than Vietnam. Most of Vietnam's coffee is exported to the U.S.
In Thailand barbers are usually closed on Wednesday because Thais think it will bring bad luck to cut their hair that day of the week.
All Thai men are expected to be a monk for a short period sometime in their life. Traditionally it was 3 months but today the time is reduced to a week or two.
Some people in Malaysia wash their babies in beer to protect them from diseases.
Indonesia is the world's biggest archipelago with over 17,000 islands.
There is a saying in Thailand that you don't have to worry about falling coconuts because coconuts have eyes. Since more people get killed by falling coconuts than sharks each year, they obviously don't worry about sharks either!
Here are 15 fun facts about Asia.
1. Asia is the largest continent by landmass and human population. The area of Asia is larger than the land area of the moon. (44.6K sq km – 37k sq km respectively.)
2. Asia has a population of over 4 billion people or better than 60% of the world’s population. This many people standing side by side holding hands would reach around the world at the equator more than 100 times.
3. More than half of Asia’s population is in two countries in Asia – China (1.3 billion) and India (1.1 billion). India is guestimated to take over China in about 20 years or so.
4. Asia’s boundaries extend from the Suez Canal and Ural Mountains in the west, to the south of the Caucasus Mountains and Caspian and Black Seas. Also to the South is the Indian Ocean, to the North the Arctic Ocean and to the Far East the Pacific Ocean.
5. Asia can be divided into 6 subcontinents -
Central Asia – Kazakhstan Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan.
East Asia – China, Japan, Mongolia, Taiwan, North and South Korea.
North Asia – Russia.
India Subcontinent – India, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
Southeast Asia – Brunei, Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar [Burma], Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
Southwest Asia – The Middle East including Turkey, Iran, Cyprus, Israel, and Lebanon.
Here is my List of Countries in Asia.
6. Three of the top four economies in the world are in Asia – China, Japan and India. They are numbers 2, 3 and 4 respectively. However, tiny Japan has less than 1/10th of the population of China or India. Yet Asia’s economy as a continent trails North America and Europe.
7. Asia’s three dominant financial centers are Tokyo, Hong Kong and Singapore.
Tokyo Financial Center
8. Asia’s dominant religions are Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucian/Taoism and Islam.
9. Asia’s western most point is Cape Baba in Northwestern Turkey.
Cape Baba Turkey
10. Asia’s eastern most point is Cape Chelyuskin in Siberia.
11. Asia is 5,300 miles wide
12. Asia is home to the highest (Mount Everest 8,848m) and lowest Dead Sea (-395m) points on Earth.
13. Asia is home to the birth of the human species and civilization. Somewhere near where the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers meet.
14. The Ten longest rivers in Asia -
Yangtze (Chang Jiang) – 6,300 km – 3,915 miles
Yangtze (Chang Jiang)
Yellow River (Huang He) – 5,464 km – 3,395 miles
Lena River – 4,400 km – 2,734 miles
Mekong River – 4,350 km – 2,703 miles
Irtysh River – 4,248 km – 2,640 miles
Yenisei River – 4,090 km – 2,540 miles
Ob River – 3,650 km – 2,268 miles
Nizhnyaya Tunguska River – 2,989 km – 1,857 miles
Indus River – 2,900 km – 1,800 miles
Brahmaputra River – 2,900 km – 1,800 miles
if linked end tn end would reach around the world at the equator.
15. The ten tallest mountains in Asia -
1. Everest (8,848 m), Nepal-Tibet
2. K2 (8,611 m), Pakistan-China
3. Kangchenjunga (8,586 m), Nepal-Sikkim, India
4. Lhotse (8,516 m), Nepal-Tibet, China
5. Makalu (8,462 m), Nepal-Tibet, China
6. Cho Oyu (8,201 m), Nepal-Tibet, China
7. Dhaulagiri (8,167 m), Nepal
8. Manaslu (8,156 m), Nepal
9. Nanga Parbat (8,125 m), Pakistan
10. Annapurna (8,091 m), Nepal
if stacked one on top of the other would reach into space. By contrast Mount Fuji at 3.776 is less than half as tall as the shortest in this list.Source(s): http://www.panasianbiz.com/asia/15-fun-facts-about... http://www.gapwork.com/southeast-asia-funstuff.sht...
- AnnaMariaLv 44 years ago
1. Why does a woman have a clear conscience? Because she has her friends tell her what to do 4. If a man and a woman fell off a 10-story building at the same time,who would reach the ground first? The man, because the woman is full of HOT air 5. How are women like commercials? Because they interupt your favorite shows and repeat themselves constantly 7. What do you call a woman with a full brain? Married to a man 8. What's the difference between government bonds and women? Bonds gain money, not spend it 9. What did God say after creating man? Better give him someone to do. 20. What should you give a man who has everything? A muzzle and a cage to put his wife.