Why do SOME Asian people smell bad? Also how can I hang out with my Asian friend with my homies?

Disclaimer: First of all, I am not by any means Racist. I'm an African American and I can tell you personally that I have faced a lot of racial question/stereo-types about my people, but unlike most black people I don't get bent out of shape when I hear them since I can agree that they sometimes apply to my... show more Disclaimer: First of all, I am not by any means Racist. I'm an African American and I can tell you personally that I have faced a lot of racial question/stereo-types about my people, but unlike most black people I don't get bent out of shape when I hear them since I can agree that they sometimes apply to my fellow Negroes e.g. Collecting Well-fare. Also notice how I titled this question 'Why do SOME (emphasis on some) Asian people smell bad.' Before anyone says "Anybody regardless of race has the chance of being a smelly person" I know this, but when Asian people smell bad it's a very distinct smell (not like feces or B.O.) The smell is almost like a rotten food smell. (Like Chinese food going bad in your refrigerator)

Is that smell suppose to because they didn't bathe or something or is it significant of something (similar to that of Christians that get Incent sprayed all over them) Several Asian people I met Smell this way and I'm starting to wonder why.

The real reason I would like to know is because when I brought Asian friend around my homies (I think he's Japanese because his name is Takeshi not entirely sure though) My homies being African Americans made comments about him like "Damn, man. Jackie Chan smells like ***!" My Asian friend then looked down at the ground and didn't say anything. I tried telling my homie to knock it off and tell did, but he was quiet the whole time we hung out. So what should I do? I think my Asian friend is now highly offended and won't hang out with them again. Should I make my homies apologize? Or should I be a hard *** and tell Takeshi to take a shower. (I mean he does smell pretty bad)
Update: DaveK - And I don't mind your opinion because unlike you I can understand why some black people could smell like that. Actually gingerbread is a compliment. I've heard much worse like KFC or grits
Update 2: Arlene - F.Y.I Gym is a completely different story since everyone sweats when engaging in intense physical activities. That's normal, randomly smelling bad for no reason whatsoever is not.