Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRap and Hip-Hop · 9 years ago

RHH: Do you dig these samples?

Earatik Statik - The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Earatik Statik is a Chicago duo - they've been floating around in the underground since '99. They're very well-respected in the underground, which is obvious as soon as you look at the tracklist for The Good, The Bad & The Ugly, which is their 2009 sophomore album. The LP includes production from Pete Rock, Large Pro and J-Zone, as well as guest features from Ed O.G., Sean Price, and Sadat X (on two tracks).

I'd *highly* recommend that you guys check it out, and here are the samples: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/earatikstatik2

What do you think of the samples?

(If you're feelin the samples and you want a link to the full album..let me know...)

RHH: Nas' "Who Killed It?" vs. Cunninlynguists' "Seasons"? (Most people don't get the whole concept of "Who Killed It?", though, so read this first: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2981456 )

Favorite Answer

The production sounds dope, the rhymes were good..yeah it sounds like it'd be pretty dope. I can't DL anything on my phone though, so I ain't gonna be able to listen to the full thing. =\

RHH: after reading that..Who Killed It.

My internet's too slow right now, I'll come back to this some other day.

EDIT: Sh*t's dope. Can I get a link?

RHH: Yeah, I got the jist of that story the first time I heard the track and didn't really bother to delve into it. Good analysis, a little reaching in some parts though. I wanna say Seasons, but I should really listen to Who Killed It? again when my internet's functioning properly. Hip-Hop is Dead had some good ideas but it's still too haphazard, like almost every Nas album, so none of the tracks ended up being very good.

Sounds pretty dope actually.

RHH: Seasons. Nas voice bugs me on that song, and I prefer the beat on Seasons. If we were solely talking about concept, I'd say "Who Killed It?"

• ?

Good find, those tracks with Sadat X are nice.

Source(s): I actually read something similar about "Who Killed It?," the song is incredible. WKI>