Liveaboard Houseboat Cost?

Hi... I have a pretty keen interest in taking on a liveaboard houseboat lifestyle. I have a few questions, and was hoping to get a little info from someone whom has perviously or currently lived aboard a houseboat. So if you have experience living aboard please help me out! I am looking to spend about... show more Hi...

I have a pretty keen interest in taking on a liveaboard houseboat lifestyle.

I have a few questions, and was hoping to get a little info from someone whom has perviously or currently lived aboard a houseboat. So if you have experience living aboard please help me out!

I am looking to spend about $25000 maybe $30000 if she is perfect, on a boat I believe this will get me something relatively nice and ideal. I am one single person. I require a double bed space, reasonable clothing cupboard space and an upper deck, and the vital amities. I am looking to buy and live in Australia. QLD/NSW is this a reasonable amount?

Whats the rough average monthly cost of living aboard. One Person.
Electricity? 1-2hours of tv or computer time a day, weekends perhaps a few hours of stereo use. Also how common are solar powered boats and would this be cheaper?

Gas, if need be for heat? (a shower a day, a cooking meal a day)

Fuel: I would not be traveling to often, on the occasionally weekend I may do up to 80km give or take. And if I’m not doing that engine run checks. Relocation would be the only other big chunk out of the fuel but I am not looking to count that into monthly fuel cost.

However in the event of traveling how much is the average single person sized houseboat(which I am guessing would be around 36/40 feet) going to cost in fuel on a trip about 170km long.

Also while moving are you allowed to anchor and stay over night in your houseboat without being at a marine birth? If so how do you find out where this is and is not allowed?

What are liveaboard marina costs like? Can you stay for monthly periods? Maybe even a year? Are there clubs / or member kind of situations where you pay a monthly / yearly fee which allows you to birth in certain locations? If so what are these fees and locations like? Also how do you find out where liveaboard marinas are located?

Internet?

Alcohol? What are the rules with drinking aboard a live aboard house boat?

I think thats all for now, I know my questions are pretty detailed, anyone who has the time it will be very much appreciated to hear from someone whom has actually had a few years experience living aboard! It is a big decision for me, I am in love with the idea but need to know the realistic costs, the marine birthing and pricing is what I am most clueless about.

Thank you