What do you think about these stock picks?

I'm going to invest 15,000. Half would go to gold coins. The other half would go to stocks like Apple, Google, Coke, CAT, AEP (It's a utility stock).

I want to keep these stocks for thirty years but cash the gold within 10 years. I'd like medium risk, I can take the risk because the money isn't really needed.

What do you think? Any particular news that I should know?

Favorite Answer

I think you should consider ETFs or mutual funds. Because it is difficult to have a diversified portfolio starting with $15,000 i.e,. 5 holdings is not a diversified portfolio, your stock picks are good stocks but, just think about it Google (GOOG) is selling at $576 a share so you can buy less 10-15 shares, APPL is at $335 so ditto. If you buy into ETFs or Mutual funds you can get a diversified portfolio with just one buy e.g., total stock market ETF from Vanuard, Schwab, ishares etc. In my opinion you need to have at least $50,000 in order to be able to purchase enough stocks to have a well diversified portfolio of 15-20 positions. Also, the days of buy and hold for 10 years is over.

Penny stocks are prone to violent fluctuation (volatility), many people believe that they'll luck out with a stock that will jump from $0.08 to $8 in two weeks. And it's happened. Learn here https://tr.im/pennystocktrading

Scour enough investing message boards and you're sure to find success stories from investors who made a mint while "playing the pennies."

Companies that can successfully make the jump from penny stock to power stock are rare, but when you find them they pay out in spades. Numbers vary quite a bit in the penny stock world, but investors have raked in gains over 1,000% in a couple weeks' time. The real trick is finding the right stock.

Penny stocks are loosely categorized companies with share prices of below $5 and with market caps of under $200 million. They are sometimes referred to as "the slot machines of the equity market" because of the money involved. There may be a good place for penny stocks in the portfolio of an experienced, advanced investor, however, if you follow this guide you will learn the most efficient strategies https://tr.im/fb19f

You can make good money like me with this binary option signal software ( http://forexsignal.kyma.info ) Binary options trading has always been popular, however, this investment fad globally exploded around 2008. Originally known as digital options, binary or the name "two values" was added to give a simpler explanation for trading options. Binary is defined as two values or up and down movements. Binaries rely on underlying assets or derivatives. You can trade in commodities, the forex (foreign exchange market), commodities as well as stock indices.