DS: Dog Show question!?

Please inform the ignorant! I was thinking about this yesterday after my question about working abilities vs. looks/form And they had some clip on TV last night on a dog show, I usually dont watch those...so I'm not too familiar with what happens. I saw a judge come to the dog...look at his... show more Please inform the ignorant!

I was thinking about this yesterday after my question about working abilities vs. looks/form

And they had some clip on TV last night on a dog show, I usually dont watch those...so I'm not too familiar with what happens.

I saw a judge come to the dog...look at his teeth....grab his balls...ears...etc.

And this is what occurred to me...If you have a dog who's function/working ability requires it to be wary of strangers and a little defensive...how would that dog react in a show...when some stranger starts poking it ?

Would the breeder take away from the working ability in order to show that dog?