Is it okay to weigh myself every day?

Before this I didn't know that when losing weight we should just weigh once a week, according to the articles I read on the Internet. I weigh myself every morning as soon as I wake up, is that alright?

I don't count calories of what I eat every day because I don't want to be obsessed with calories, I just make sure I eat the right proportions. For example today I had:

Breakfast: Cereal and milk

Lunch: Rice, chicken and fish (I'm Asian, it's our staple food) one apple

Snack: 2 wholemeal breads and wheat biscuits with green tea

Dinner: Rice, vegetables and fish

So is it okay to weigh myself every day? If not, why?

Best Answer

Weigh yourself first thing each morning to get an accurate weight.

Throw the scales away.With normal scales you don't know what part of your weight is fat, muscle, bone or water. You can put on up to about 3 kilos of water weight at any time so you don't know what is fat and what is water. Measure yourself instead. Measure hips and waist every few weeks. Another good thing to do as well is to choose a piece of clothing that won't do up around the waist and try them on every couple of weeks. This is a more accurate way of testing whether you are losing fat. Unless you have a set of scales that measure body fat then it would be ok to weigh yourself weekly. The scales can make you very obsessive and depressed when it doesn't read what you what it to read.

Ok, I know you don't want to count calories but you really do need to add some variety of fresh fruit and vegetables. You don't say quantities of the foods you are eating so its very hard to know whether you are eating too much rice, not enough protein throughout the day or what. But you do need to eat every few hours and make sure you have a balance of protein , carbs and fibre every time you eat. The other thing to make sure you are doing is to drink 2-3 litres of water a day.

Best of luck. Remember everything in moderation.

It's fine if you do, but sometimes people can get obsessive with weighing themselves everyday, so that's why it's not recommended. Also because with weighing yourself everyday you aren't likely to see very much of a difference (maybe a pound or two). So some people end up losing their motivation, only seeing those 1 or 2 pounds instead of the bigger picture (their overall weight loss).

If you want an accurate reading though, then you need to weigh yourself first thing in the morning before you eat.

No. Unless you don't want accurate results. You can loose and gain "water weight" daily/ It is better to weigh your self once a week. Also, he best time to weight yourself is in the morning after you have gone pee and before you eat breakfast so the scale gets your true body weight because believe it or not your pee can weigh anywhere from 1-3 pounds. Hope this helped!

Source(s): Personal Experience

Yes, it's okay, but you just won't get AS accurate results as if you weigh yourself once a week.

That being said, I weigh myself every morning right when I wake up, but you can't get upset if you weigh a little more because your weight fluctuates everyday (Mine can fluctuate almost 4 lbs in a day).

Just think, if you weigh yourself, and then chug a liter of water, your going to weigh about a pound heavier, strictly because of that added water.

So yes, it's fine, just don't obsess over it. Keep track, on a chart, of your WEEKLY weigh-ins (on s et day, mine is Friday)

You wanna bypass how long without a cheat day?? No! you pick *extra* cheat days. look, your wholesome possibilities could be somewhat of a usual wholesome way of existence. in spite of the incontrovertible fact that, the main to that toughness is which you enable your flavor buds and abdomen have relaxing especially situations. So, easily, have a cheat day each week or 2 weeks. in case you won't be able to stand the belief of that, wonderful. yet have them a minimum of as quickly as a month. Wanna see what i'm speaking approximately, watch the video under. this is a *very* extra healthy lady speaking approximately her foodstuff recurring and cheat days. She purely has stable well-being experience.

No. Berry bad idea. Body weight can fluctate as much as 10lbs a day depending on how much liquids are in your system, when you last used the bathroom. If you insist on daily weight don't kill yourself if you gain a couple lbs. Average it over a week or so and go by your average not daily weights

I do, but they say you should weigh yourself once a week because weight can changed day by day because sometimes you carry water weight and stuff, but if you want to weigh you self everyday to keep a better check on your weight , you can, that's why i do it.

Don't weigh everyday, as even if you've loosed some pounds still you will not be able to see it!!! weigh yourself in a week or 11-12 days

good. dont count calories. i started and ended up completly obssessed.

honestly you weigh less in the morning that you do throughout the day.

sometimes our weight shifts up and down. this occurs for various reasons such as, heavy clothes, to much water, to much salty foods, or just weight fluctuation...

people dont weigh themselves everyday, because your weight will go up, and down for thoes reasons. when you weigh yourself everyweek, youll notice your weight go DOWN. when you weigh everyday, you dont notice these things. especially since you only lose 1 pound a week. average.

dont worry about it. weigh yourself whenever you feel like it:)

its OK, nothing wil happen. as long as you DIET and EXCERCISE youll see a difference.