toshiba laptop charger..help please?

The charger for my Toshiba L640 series snapped in half today, no clue how it happened. So now I'm trying to look for a new charger but all the chargers for my specific laptop are outragousley expensive. Do I have to get that specific charger or will any Toshiba laptop charger due as long as the cord is big enough to fit where it plugs into my laptop to charge it?

I appreciate all the help/answers I get.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Best Answer

You should always try to get the specific charger for your laptop. If you don't, you risk the possibility that the charger will fry the motherboard, if not start a fire.

Think of it like this:

Would you use 2 AA batteries to start a car? Would you use a car battery for a toy car?

This is exactly the same point in chargers. Each charger is not only in different sizes (length of the cor doesn't matter) but they provide different levels of power.

Your best move is to use the charger that is specifically for your laptop. Each laptop sort of has a blood type and the blood type has to match.

You can look online on sites like ebay or amazon but I would personally suggest you visit Topmic instead. Topmic is well known for their great services and their durable products. They include free shipping and free lifetime warranty. Yes, lifetime. This means if the charger ever stops working on its own for whatever reason, they would replace it as many times as needed at no additional cost, for life.

This is a great way to save money in the long run and a good investment as well.

I took the liberty of finding the charger you needed on their site for you:

http://www.topmic.com/toshiba-satellite-l640-bt2n1...

Source(s): 10+ years of computer repair
  • 9 years ago

Try checking www.ebay.com out. You can get universal chargers for a lot cheaper than specific branded ones-around $20 ans up. I have used these in the past with great success. HOPE this helps.

Source(s): personal experience
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.