Can I get a General Under Honorable Conditions Discharge upgraded?

I was recently discharge from the Army for shoplifting a $60 video game from the PX on base. I was in AIT at the time which made it a lot easier for me to be separated from the service on a Chapter 14C, Commission Of A Serious Offense. I received a General Under Honorable Conditions Discharge with a RE Code of 4 on... show more I was recently discharge from the Army for shoplifting a $60 video game from the PX on base. I was in AIT at the time which made it a lot easier for me to be separated from the service on a Chapter 14C, Commission Of A Serious Offense. I received a General Under Honorable Conditions Discharge with a RE Code of 4 on my DD214. After speaking with my former unit commander it turns out the Army made a mistake and it showed in their records that I had failed a drug test. This came out to be false and had nothing to do with me because we took one drug test during AIT which I passed. So they made a mistake on their end. My commander said that he will get my DD214 RE Code changed to a 3 which I understand still requires a waiver. Now is there anyway I can upgrade me discharge due to the mistake made or anyway at all? I have recently been employed by a local police department to do accident investigations. This was my first criminal offense in military or civilian world. Im not looking for sympathy or anything I have suffered enough for my extremely stupid mistake. I am just wondering if there is anything I can do at this point?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.