Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Kobe5x
Lv 4
Kobe5x asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

If you were the phillies manager would you use a 4 man rotation?

1.like every other rotation have Kendrick pitch

2.Halladay And Oswalt are used to pitching alot and Lee and Hamels are good and can adjust

3.they could trade Blanton

4.Get expericence with their playoff rotation

5.They have a bullpen who they can rely on more without blanton who they always need to bail out

6.they would sell more tickets simple who would you rather see pitch Halladay or Blanton

It smart to do it blanton is losing the phils another game

Update:

@ chad with a four man rotation like theirs they could clinch early then rest their rotation but it wont be easy with the braves

7 Answers

Relevance
  • mike
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

it seems like it doesnt matter whos up there we keep giving a game per series away to bad teams. and I know its only 3 but i dont like when trends start

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Dumbest thing i've ever heard. EVER. This is the only playoff Lock in the National League. Why would you risk tiring out Lee or Halladay or Oswalt or Hamels because the 5th starter struggles? It makes absolutely no sense at all.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

There are so many problems with that theory.

1. You can never predict injury and especially hamels is inconsistent

2. This would put stress on the pitchers for innings

3. If they did, they would clinch early MAYBE, but they would probably have no arm left for the postseason

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Would I? Not a chance in Hades. The whole idea of a five man rotation is to not wear out the arms of your starters. A four man rotation is team suicide.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not at this stage of the year, if I had an injury I would consider doing it in September, but not now, why risk an injury, and wear out the other 4 pitchers. Its really idiotic to want to do that.

• 1 decade ago

yes, i would so use a 4 man rotation and wear out my staff's arm just in time for the playoffs!

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Don't question Charlie. Phillies can't win every game. They will still be in the World Series and most likely win it. So chillax.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.