When Should I Start Dating?

I want to start dating but then again I don't because I need to focus on my grades and college.I'm already a junior in high school.I hear my friends and their problems with their boyfriends and their problems and I'm just not all that sure if I'm ready to deal with that yet.I haven't had a boyfriend yet but I really don't care.I just don't know if I can pay attention to a boy yet with college to worry about.It's the end of the year and I'm going to get a job and go to summer school.I plan to use all of my time working and going to school and looking for colleges.I think I'm too busy but I want to get this whole first boyfriend stage over with already.I don't know if i should start dating now with my plans.

Favorite Answer

Dating is supposed to be natural. Don't do it just to do it

and there is no real age. Dating relies on:

A: If you feel ready and are capable of balancing a relationship and a work life.

B: If you find someone you want to date no matter what. Someone who you love and can see yourself with.

and C: If you think you'll be happy with said person. Dating is supposedly something both fun and emotional. If you think your life will be better with who ever you choose to date, then go for it.

Then again, no one can tell you what to do but yourself. If you have no urges to get a serious love life, then stay single and enjoy it when you can. If you want someone who you can hold hands with and all that good stuff, become a couple, or date around. Sure, boyfriends can be hard, but not if you wait for the right one. I was best friends for three years with my first boyfriend, and we've been dating for six months, not a single fight. We see each other every Saturday, or whenever we can.

If you want a boyfriend, you have to be prepared to spend a lot of time with him.

Are you sure you can do that?

and REMEMBER: THE FIRST WEEK IS ALWAYS, ALWAYS AWKWARD. DON'T EVER BREAK UP WITH HIM ON THE FIRST WEEK. WAIT IT OUT. TRUST ME.

There's no point planning who to date and when, itll just happen :) I really wanted things to happen with a boy in my class last year, but I'm so glad they didn't because I wasn'tready for a boyfriend and didnt really know him at all. So just whenever feels right :)

And it's possible to date and have a summer job :)

Don't rush yourself.If you don't have time,you don't have time.It's OK.When you feel you have time and when you're ready,do it.No need to rush.Just take it easy.

When you find someone worth dating.

i would wait it u are a Senior or in college!!