Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

What does a student miss out on by not going to an Ivy or top university for their undergraduate?

Say they don't go to Harvard but instead go to UNC Chapel Hill or the University of Arkansas. What have they missed out on?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Easier grades, the more expensive schools do not give low grades. The term is grade inflation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grade_inflation

http://www.usatoday.com/news/opinion/2002/02/08/ed...

• GARF
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Well, I've heard the UNC kids think pretty highly of themselves. Go to a good state university and if you do well, get an advanced degree from an Ivy.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

I attented an Ivy League university, and then got graduate degrees from the University of Chicago. Before starting my own company, I never sent my resume anywhere without getting called for an interview. That was the main benefit.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Jeeper_Peeper is somewhat splendid - you will purely omit out on the slew of student loan debt which will engulf you for countless of years. inner maximum Ivy League universities are overvalued. I recommend, in case you are not getting known to Harvard of Princeton, then do not cry approximately it. those public universities are additionally respected and extremely popular nationally... and much greater much affordable. college of Washington. college of Florida college of NC - Chapel Hill Rutgers college - New Brunswick college of Texas - Austin

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cookie
    Lv 4
    10 years ago

Not much. There is a admissions officer on the board, he applied for Stanford and got denied. He took his undergrad and grad at UCLA Berkley and did well in the world.

• Robert
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

A HUGE student loan and a little bit of prestige on the resume.

The prestige will only really matter for the first job anyway, if your job performance is good enough.

• PAULH
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Being in the ruling elite. And I would say snotty liberals and conservatives.

• J M
    Lv 7
    10 years ago

Nothing.

A couple years after you graduate, it won't make a bit of difference.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Snotty liberals.

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

Have they considered degrees by mail. Those on line and mail schools have the best parties.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.