How does Portal tie into the Half-Life universe?

I've been told they both take place in the same universe, but in what ways? I don't remember any sort of mention of The Half-Life world events or characters during Portal. How are they related time frame wise?

Favorite Answer

Portal supposedly takes place just after the Combine takeover between Half-Life and Half-Life 2. GLaDOS makes a brief reference to this, telling you that it's safer inside the facility, and that the world had changed outside, or something like that. Anyway, as far as concrete references, GLaDOS makes mention of Black Mesa in Portal, and you find an Aperture Science research vessel in Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): portal tie life universe: https://shortly.im/WHVSs