If I scammed someone on Ebay this way?

I have no plans on doing this, just curious. I live in Virginia. But Ebay lets you put in any location on your seller profile. So lets say I claimed to be a seller in Australia. I advertise a fine piece of jewelry that would easily fetch a lot of money, and the highest bid ends up being $2000 dollars. Well,... show more I have no plans on doing this, just curious.

I live in Virginia. But Ebay lets you put in any location on your seller profile. So lets say I claimed to be a seller in Australia. I advertise a fine piece of jewelry that would easily fetch a lot of money, and the highest bid ends up being $2000 dollars.

Well, in my listing, claiming to be an Australian resident, I said that I can only ship to locations within Australia, so the winning bidder ended up being in Australia.

Then I get the money in my PayPal account and don't send the item. Then I transfer the PayPal money to my bank account, then close that bank account and open the account in a different bank. Then Ebay/PayPal no longer have that connection to charge back the money.

And I'm judgment proof against the seller, because I'm really in the United States, and Australian civil courts have no jurisdiction here should he decide to sue.

Perfect crime?