Is there a good chance my swollen lymph node is not cancer? Please help?

am 20, found lump on left side of neck 4 months ago( December 2010). It can only be felt NOT seen. Anyway, I went to my doctor this week Monday, he took some blood work(Monday), I was given antibiotics(Monday 7 day course of meds), was prescribed nasal allergies( I do have VERY bad allergies I am allergic to... show more am 20, found lump on left side of neck 4 months ago( December 2010). It can only be felt NOT seen. Anyway, I went to my doctor this week Monday, he took some blood work(Monday), I was given antibiotics(Monday 7 day course of meds), was prescribed nasal allergies( I do have VERY bad allergies I am allergic to everything environmental and foods and have indoor and out door allergies, plus I own a dog and was breaking out in hives for 2 years, but this year it stopped and I am asthmatic) and I did a chest X-ray on Tuesday, and now I am anxiously awaiting results. To get to my point the lymph node that I have in my neck tends to get bigger then smaller, bigger then smaller. Like its never fully gone. Last week monday I woke up with a sore throat and the lymph node/ lump in my neck was VERY swollen and shapely like it had dimensions. Now today it feels much flatter, softer, and harder to feel, but its still there. What are my chances that its nothing serious? I do have a habit of touching it ALOT, but am trying to stop. Also the same day I came from my doctor I found two more swollen lymph nodes. One in my neck and the other above my collar bone all on the left side. Plus I have been sick for a week with a runny congested nose, a small cough, sore throat and tongue, and mucus was coming up yellow( sry to be descriptive).

This is going to be my last time asking these questions and I don't want to come off as a hypochondriac. I just need reassurance as this is a difficult time for me. I haven't even told my family what's going on in my life right now. My doctor wants to send me to an ENT( Ear, nose and throat doctor) if it doesn't go away in two weeks after I finish my antibiotics. I think the part that bothers me the most was the fact my doctor had a worried look on his face he was trying to hide. It wasn't until I asked him "What's worse case scenario?" He brought up the "C" words.
1 answer 1