Do you have music festivals close to where you live. Do you recommend any?

This is a partial line-up of this years New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival . There are way to many stages and acts to mention here but it is an awesome festival for music lovers of all tastes.

This is why I love New Orleans. In a couple of weeks the big music festival comes with acts like Jeff Beck, Bon Jovi, Jimmy Buffett, Mumford & Sons, Robert Plant, Arlo Guthrie, Ricky Skaggs, Robert Cray, Dr John, John Mellencamp, John Legend, Cyndi Lauper,Arcade Fire, Willie Nelson, Edie Brickell, The Strokes, and hundreds more from Jazz, Rock, Blues, Gospel, Country and Cajun. It's a great 7 day festival. It used to be $10 a day but now it is $45 a day in advance and $60 at the gate. (I think that's the price this year). Still not a bad price for such a huge festival. Many of the local bands are more fun to go see than the big names. I hang out at the Blues Stage a lot. LOL

Favorite Answer

hi mike,

that sounds a great week - something for everybody, but perhaps a little expensive if you wanted to go every day?

i am spolied for choice round here

summer sundae - chapel club, i am kloot, wilko johnson, plus lots more tbc

nottingham dot-to-dot - trail of dead, the joy formidable, we are scientists

off the tracks - system7, oysterband

I live about an hour and a half outside of toronto, such as Warped Tour, NXNE, Whatever rockstar comes up with (uproar, mayhem, ect),

I'm always most stoked about warped tour, no matter how bad the line up may be that year. It's an awesome way to spend a day with my best friends.

Oh ****, I forgot about lovely Ottawa which is only an hour away, they have a Blues Fest every year too, I saw Michael Franti and Spearhead there a couple of years back, it changed my life .

Mornin Mike. CT of all places, right? We have a 3 day festival called "Gathering of the Vibes". Usually occurs in July/August. You can camp there, etc. Kinda like a poor man's Bonnaroo. Some bands this year:

Further (Phil Lesh/Bob Weir)

Levon Helm

Jane's Addiction

Elvis Costello

Taj Mahal

and the great, Dr. John ;)

Here's a link for you my friend (and the good people of Y!A)

http://gatheringofthevibes.com/2011+Artist+Line+Up

*edit: If you fancy a trip to CT, Mike...you gotta place to bunk!

Live with in walking distance of Knebworth where they have the UK leg of the Sonisphere festival. It's £180 for a ticket roughly for 3 days camping and this year has the Big 4, Biffy Clyro, Weezer, Slipknot, Limp Bizkit ect. I have to say it has an amazing atmosphere and organisation, alternating mainstages are a perfect example of this as it means you get to see more bands and better quality ones as less need to be booked

Source(s): own knowledge

By me, there's Summerfest. It's in Milwaukee, and runs a course of ten days. Each day there's roughly fifty to a hundred or so bands playing on many different stages across the grounds. It's all different types of music. So far not many bands have been named, but here's a couple of the notable ones:

Peter Gabriel

Hall and Oates

Def Leppard

Heart

The Black Keys

Florence and the Machine

Hi Mike.

Well, within 12 Miles we have the Leeds Festival, which is essentially twinned with Reading here in the UK:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_Festival

Occasionally, they have a "Blues" Festival in Wakefield, but it tends to be very low key. Sorry, can't find a link to it, but for roughly £10 you really cannot go wrong, especially as the return Train Fare is only around £3.

• Good afternoon Mike :)

I'm about 15/20 minutes away from the "Folk by the Oak" festival at Hatfield House in July. {I'm actually wearing my t-shirt from last year's festival!}. It's a one-day {afternoon-evening} event, with a mix of Folky acts. http://www.folkbytheoak.com/

This year's line-up is :~

Seth Lakeman

Show of Hands {the one band I'd want to see}

Drever, McCusker, Woomble with Heidi Talbot

Bella Hardy

Adrian Edmondson and the Bad Shepherds

Kathryn Roberts and Sean Lakeman {brother of Seth and Sam *}

Tyde

*[Sam Lakeman is married to Irish folk singer Cara Dillon]

The 2010 line-up was :~

Megson

Spiro

Emily Smith

Mawkin:Causley

Jackie Oates

Martin Simpson and friends

Bellowhead

{I left as Bellowhead started, as, headliners they may be, I don't like them!}

I live in north Florida, so really nothing in walking distance goes on. I go to Atlanta every year for Warped Tour. I'm gonna move to Atlanta one day, because there are concerts there all the time at Aaron's Ampitheatre, the Tabernacle, etc.

yeah. We have Sonisphere Festival in Istanbul and I'm really excited to see some great bands.

It's gonna be on 6th June. In Flames, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Alice Cooper and Mastodon will be there.

Source(s): rock lover :)

we have the wanee festival that starts the end of the week, they have lots of bands including the allman brothers, robert plant, warren haynes,taj mahal, ween, hot tuna, and many more. we have langerado down south, they haven't announced any bands yet.

there were lots of festivals around houston and austin when i was still in texass, and i remember there used to be a summer festival in new orleans we used to go to, i can't remember the name of it though.