Should I start dating again after divorce?

I have been divorced for about a year. I still love my ex. He wanted the divorce not me, plus we have kids together. Anyways I started hanging out at this upscale bar with a good friend. Her good friend is the bartender. One night I sat and talked to him for awhile. He's the same age as me and also has a child. He only works there bc he's going back to school. Well now I can't stop thinking about him.. I don't know if it's just bc I'm lonely or I really like this guy? Should I go for it? Or let it go?

Favorite Answer

Probably Lonely, but You'll be even Lonelier if you reject everyone new who comes into your life.

Mentally & Emotionally, I think You are adjusting to the fact your marriage is over. So,GO for IT !*PS: Check your state's statute of limtations on remarriage, in some states it's a year or more..

Goodluck ..

MoMoney

Source(s): Life's Experience

The second time around should be pre-planned.

You have a child and will need financial security.

A bartender should only be a rebound, even if he is going to school, there is no future with him at this point.

Aim high, love is awesome and if you can find a man with a great job that is a plus.

It's about quality not quantity! Don't let some feeling (crush) distract you from finding Mr. Right!

• BB

What have you got to lose? You are hardly proposing marriage to this guy so go for drinks, dinner or whatever takes your fancy and enjoy yourself. You have waited around for a whole year so now is the time to put yourself first. It may or may not come to anything and you may have a great time and you may not but at the end of the day unless you put yourself out there you will spend the rest of your life questioning what if?

Why are you not sure???? What red flags are you hearing that make you ask this? What does not seem right to you?? YOU still love your ex. YOU still have hope of getting together again? Its a bar? He is a bartender? His age? He has kids? YOUR not liking feeling lonely? You know something is not right here...so what is it. Your lowering your standards because???????????? you know better??? How will you feel about yourself on this one???

Mixed internal signals means no signals. You are far from ready. I suggest looking at yourself as if you were supposed to ber single the rest of your life, with YOU making decision about YOu, no one else making YOUR decisions about you. Would you change jobs? Go for more education? Move? join clubs? Do community work? What? Sing in a chorus?

You need to move on. It wouldn't hurt for you to go out with this guy. Something might come of it. Or it might not. But it will be good for you. Don't wait around waiting for your ex. He's gone. He's only going to be involved in your life when it involves the kids. He's moved on. So should you.

A date wont hurt if you both are single. Just agree to dinner and see where it goes from there. You deserve happiness and if he is a single nice guy, just have dinner and talk.

Sure, it's been a year since the divorce. Just don't introduce him to your kids and take it slow.

Give him somesort of a signal to let him know that you like him, but let him make the first move.

Go our now!