Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 9 years ago

HELP! I'm a 17 year old boy and I REALLY need help on how to smell good/great. Calvin Klein cologne?

OK I'm a guy, and i need to smell really really good and I need to know how. HELP!?

So, I take a shower, using irish spring soap icy blast and wash my hair. And that's about it. I get out, dry myself with a clean towel, and wear clean clothes. But for some reason I don't smell good or great - I don't know but I kind of smell weird... And ANY deoderant I wear just makes it a little worse especially when I sweat when it's on. (my problem is the mainly underarms, everywhere else is fine. the clean shirts that are wear are the things that start to smell weird...or in other words, it's the front side of my upper body)

So maybe what I need to do is buy myself cologne that reacts well with my body chemistry (or a cologne that mixes really really well with my pheromones) and that smells really really really good - BUT I have several questions

1) when you're at a store or a mall, how do you know which cologne will smell GREAT on you (all over your body) before buying it? like I do you test it? how do I know which cologne will mix really really well with my pheromones????! is Calvin Klein good?? please help!

2) I live in NC, so I'm wondering where can I possibly get great smelling colognes that are within the range of 50$-60$? Macy's?

3) How do I apply the cologne once I buy it? On both wrists, the chest, and under the chin??

4) Does the kind of soap you use when you take a shower or the kind of body wash you use affect (or conflict with) the smell of the cologne? What kind of soap and body wash do you use? I use Irish Spring Icy Blast (Deoderant Soap) and I try not to use Old Spice Body Wash (Fresh) because it's very very strong.

5) Are you NOT supposed to spray cologne on your clothes? Do you just spray the wrist, the neck and the chest and throw on whatever clean shirt you have? Will the cologne on your body make the clothes you wear smell good as well?

Favorite Answer

LMAO

Shower and use deodorant daily. Cologne isn't used "all over". If you are a woman, placing a drop on your wrists may be appropriate. As a guy, a few drops on your hands, rubbed onto your neck should suffice. Unless you are in grade school, and received a bar of soap on a rope, you should not use scented soap. You should use a "clean" smelling deodorant soap - "Safeguard", for example. Colognes react differently to people's body chemistry, and what smells good on me my not suit you. I use Chaps, Bulgari, Issey Miyaki, and 4711 (not at the same time), depending upon the time of day. The latter has a citrus fragrence, perfect for after a workout. Miyaki is very "green", and light. Bulgari is more aggressive and sophisticated, perfect for a long evening. Although a different scent, Chaps is good for the evening. You want a scent that people will notice only if they're next to you.

if you think you have body odor try to use betadine(povidone iodine) the ones they use for surgical scrub which can be bought over the counter it get rids of the root cause of body odor unlike using ordinary soap that only mask the smell but after a while back to not smelling good again...use it as u use soap leave for about 10 mins then rinse off u can follow with your usual soap towel off and tadaaaa!spray on your fave cologne.Do this till you observe foul odor is no longer there......trust me im a nurse ok.lol and its not toxic...

its not with the colognes and perfumes. try using deodorants. its good to know you are using the irish spring soap. chill, its just a phenomena of adultery. i had experienced that as well.

my boyfriend had the same problem and he used ''weekend by Burberry'' now he smells (and tastes) DELICIOUS! Hope i helped :)

Source(s): personal experience

try AXE.